What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

korean vs japanese anime

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
Interesting. :D

Industry watchers are closely keeping their eyes on the Korea-Japan animation match-up shaping up in the nation's theaters this May, with the box office result likely to have serious repercussions on the domestic market for the time being.
Probably Japanese producers aren't even aware of their competitors, lol.

Korean Animation Producers Association

=> http://www.koreaanimation.or.kr/english/mainframe.html

=> http://www.koreaanimation.or.kr/korea/new_products/viewbody.php?board=new_products&number=44

den4

先輩
Reaction score
I've noticed in the credits that many of the names in many J-anime movies have their work done in Korea, too, or are outsourcing there, so I wonder.....

kinjo

Sempai
Reaction score
I've talked to Korean peops and they said that they usually watch Japanese shows tho....................

vinsento

just another salarii man
Reaction score
Lots of american toons on the Cartoon Network are being outsourced to Korea...

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, I know for a fact.

Wang

先輩
Reaction score
I have seen a couple of Korean anime and I think it's quite good, but I prefer Japanese anime more though.

Flashjeff

Pink Lady's Number #1 Fan
Reaction score
Yeah, I think Justice League (the only U.S. originated animation I watch) is outsourced to Korea too. :p

Kintaro

人間と人形は同じ。
Reaction score
Wonmderful Days is the most expensive Korean animation ever to be produced, and it is REALLY well done. There may be Japanese features that top it off. They are few in number, Akira isn't one of them (Just to give an example of a sci-fiof high quality).

Kama

Okama XD
Reaction score
Well, Wonderful days is good, but if you forget about the end... XD I remeber that "Shin Angyo Onshi" is for sure Korean manga. I have read some on-Japanese, but for now, I don't remember if they are Korean or Taiwanese. [Ingenuo f.ex.] I do not make difference between Korean or Japanese. For me it's important if it's good or not. :)

TyPe-ZeRo

先輩
Reaction score
Futurama is done in Korea I believe, because in the credits it does say something about Korea...

Glenn

一切皆苦
Reaction score
"The Simpsons" is animated in Korea. I saw that on one of the Discovery Channels. :p

Top Bottom