What's new

Konnichiwa everyone!

Satori

先輩
27 Aug 2003
Konnichiwa everyone!

Well, I'm new here so I guess I should introduce myself. I found this site while performing some research on the internet. I came across the name "Marugen," where Maciamo had asked if anyone knew what that name appearing on so many buildings meant. Believe it or not, I knew the answer so I emailed Maciamo about it. I visited his web sites (great, by the way!) and this one as well. Not surprisingly, this site intrigued me, so I decided to join. The more postings I read, the more I found myself agreeing and thinking, "These are my kind of people!" I actually registered here about a month ago, but when I received the "please introduce yourself to the forum" welcome message, I chickened out and left for a while. I thought joining would be more like attending a play and expecting to sit back and relax while other people entertained me, but not where they ask me to come up on stage. (Can't tell I have stage fright, can you?) Fortunately, I returned and decided to start posting a few things myself. Unfortunately for me and everyone else at this site, while attempting to post some jokes, I evidently made a big faux pas--I didn't create one long thread of jokes and instead created many multiple threads. Funny, I have always been known for my dramatic exits, not my dramatic entrances! Lol. Oh well, guess there's a first time for everything. Anyway, sorry about that!

I live in California and am interested in Eastern philosophy, especially Buddhism, martial arts, movies, photography, etc., so this place seems like a good fit. I'm afraid I don't know much about Japan, but I'm learning. I've never been there but would love to visit some day, especially after reading about the many experiences that you all have shared. I would also love to learn the language. I know how to say hello, good-bye, and thank you, but that's about it, I'm afraid. I also know how to say thank you in Chinese but that's all--and I even studied Tai Chi! And as far as the Korean language, I'm afraid I'm an idiot in that area. I once asked a Korean attorney I know to tell me how to say hello in Korean. He told me, but then as I struggled with it, it suddenly occurred to me that I may have been given the equivalent of the Korean IQ test! Needless to say, I didn't pass. I think I'll stick with Japanese....

I look forward to getting to know all of you.

Sayonara!
Satori

:)

Back
Top Bottom