What's new

News KonMari admits she’s kind of given up on tidying

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
14 Mar 2002
Marie Kondo, Japan's decluttering queen and Netflix star, admits in her new book that she has given up on tidying up after having three kids and that what sparks joy in her life has changed AND that her house actually gets messy.

The lifestyle icon became a household name when her bestselling book "The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up" hit the U.S. in 2014, followed by two cathartic Netflix series that fully embraced the adage, "Tidy house, tidy mind." But her latest and more personal book reveals that even Kondo, now 38, has found that keeping a minimalist home filled only with items that "spark joy" (and that are stored and folded just-so and organized by colour… ) has become an increasingly unattainable goal as her family has grown. Until now, I was a professional tidier, so I did my best to keep my home tidy at all times," she said at a recent event, the Washington Post reported. "I have kind of given up on that in a good way for me. Now I realize what is important to me is enjoying spending time with my children at home."

KonMari

That sounds so much different from what we heard last year:

Marie Kondo is here to tidy up your pandemic clutter — if you want to

The past two years have changed the way we live in our homes. Are we ready to return to a spartan existence, or is our new stuff what sparks joy now?

Back
Top Bottom