What's new

Konban wa

futekioosha

先輩
15 Mar 2005
🙂 Hello all!

I'm new to the forum, and just wanted to formally introduce myself and also give my main reason for joining the forum- I want to go to Japan. Not in the unforeseeable future, but next year maybe for spring or winter break...I want it to be warm there, so I guess first thing is finding out if the weather there corresponds to the climate here in OK (which can be very unpredicatble, if you don't know). I am looking to find people who may be seriously interested in making the sojourn with me. Also, I am completely fascinated by Asain culture, specifically japanese culture- I mean I've always thought that Asians are beautiful people with an intriguing culture...

But if I told you all what made me become so interested in Japan as a culture and a future place to live, I may have to shoot someone for laughing at me. My current interest in Japan has grown out of my love for Inuyasha...sad but true 😌 don't laugh! It started out as an adult swim thing, b/c I love cartoons and it grew into my owning all the IY subbed DVD's (I can't even watch it dubbed anymore) and reading fanfics, and buying manga and now trying to learn Japanese...

Anyways that's my story...I would love to maybe meet some new people, chat, exchange emails or IM...I'm open, this whole forum thing is new to me, so if anyone has any pointers on how to get better acquainted with the other members, please share.

futekioosha

Welcom to the community, Futekioosha ! 🎈
It must be night where you're logged on.
You don't have to worry about how you found Japan; everybody's different and there's no right or wrong in liking something, is there?
Bseides, I'm not laughing, but amused that you should feel that way.

Anyway, this was my first forum, too, and I find it quite satisfying in every way. I hope you get to enjoy it, too.

Don't be shy to post responses where you share an interest. You can start new ones if you have a question or idea. You can also PM people who interest you. This is a huge place with years of stuff to read, and many more coming all the time. I would suggest browsing the various subforums, and start interacting with people by posting. Get used to your Control Panel to look for new stuff. If you have difficulties, you also have the Support subforum where you can post requests. Your Help signal will always be answered ! Have fun, now ! :)

Hello and welcome to the forum. I got into Japan via anime and history. It's amazing how this country can get into you. Have fun :) 🙂

Hi Futekioosha ! Welcome To The Forum !!

Lots of people here with your interests, should make some new friends for sure. Hope your trip to Japan comes off; you will find a ton of useful info here to help you. Using SEARCH and reading old posts will give you all you need. Glad you found JREF, enjoy!

Frank

🙂

Welcome to the fora, futekioosha! I know what you mean about subbed anime. The dubs are just awful most of the time; I can count decent dubs that I've seen on one hand. Anyway, I don't think your reason is stupid; it's actually not all that dissimilar from mine. 😲 So enjoy your stay here, and I look forward to reading your posts! 🙂🎈

Thanks for all the replies guys...when I read you alls posts, I hear the "you've got a friend in me" song from Toy Story :) feels great to be welcomed 🙂

Back
Top Bottom