What's new

Ko-gals Gone wil.. Shopping for Alba Rosa, yay.

If they just wouldn't do that peace sign. That looks so goofy. Of course, I know y'all ain't lookin' at that... :p

Good ol Days !

I miss the good old days when all the girls had long straight BLACK hair ! Back in the early 70's only hookers colored their hair. 30 years changes a lot !

Frank

Yeah, I understand that Frank. One of the things that I find so attractive about Japanese people is their straight, thick, beautiful black hair! I only wish I could have hair like that. These girls are just trying to look like Westerners--Americans in particular. It takes away the exoticness to an extent, I believe, because they've changed their natural appearance so much.

My husband's sister dyed her hair red recently, and well, I just think she looked better with black hair...

I never understand why people dish out 40-60 bucks just to look more 'unique' or ' westernized' for 3 months...

With that amount of extra cash, they can prolly get more useful gadgets instead...!

:giggle:

true dat, shadow.

i dont like make-up or girls who feel the need to spend hours appling an assload to themselves on a daily basis, star trek cast members have to do the same thing. alot of those girls are way over done with the fake nails and everthing else, just looks tacky.

wow! They're all so pretty~! Are these all models with their hair and makeup put on perfectly, or are these just regular ppl like seen on the streets?? I wish I looked like that!! ;)
oh and by the way, I'm asian and I am proud to say that I have not dyed my hair!! 🙂 w00t! My hair falls almost to my elbows, and I like it cause it makes me stand out. I mean, I live in the US and I'm sorrounded by whites, so it's nice to be different. But who knows maybe my ideals would change if I lived in Japan or something.

"One of the things that I find so attractive about Japanese people is their straight, thick, beautiful black hair!"
sideburns but no mustache! i think that IS SO COOL :)
"Of course, I know y'all ain't lookin' at that..."
once i paid attention to the ages, i quit :) that's why i'm passing it on :D

Originally posted by Shadow
I never understand why people dish out 40-60 bucks just to look more 'unique' or ' westernized' for 3 months...

With that amount of extra cash, they can prolly get more useful gadgets instead...!

:giggle:

$40-60?! I was talking to this girl the other day who in one day spent $1,000 dollars worth of yen on just a few basic articles of clothing and in four hours time.

Also if you look close you'll realize that quite a few of the girls photographed have had nose jobs, I mean in LA it's one thing, in Tokyo it's a bunch of these $$$$$$$$ things.

Originally posted by Carolgirl00
wow! They're all so pretty~! Are these all models with their hair and makeup put on perfectly, or are these just regular ppl like seen on the streets??

Galsoops is just another scout website where they find just regular girls and in this (Galsoops) case in front of the 109 in Shibuya.

I love it because that's how the majority of girls look in Shibuya so it really reminds me of what i'm missing out on while i'm some place else.

I love Tan Ko-gals,

Josh

Yeah, i heard that japan is the world leader in surgery... but it's kinda crazy that some of these girls (as young as 14 yrs old) already had a nose-job already... mind-boggling~!

Originally posted by kirei_na_me
These girls are just trying to look like Westerners--Americans in particular.

I've never been to America so I'm just wondering what it is about their outfits /style... whatever.... that is uniquely American?
I'm doubting you, just wondering. ;) I thought Western fashion was basically the same in America, England, NZ... Italy wherever? but perhaps you mean American culture is pushed in Japan daily as the better way to live?

Originally posted by nzueda
I've never been to America so I'm just wondering what it is about their outfits /style... whatever.... that is uniquely American?
I'm doubting you, just wondering. ;) I thought Western fashion was basically the same in America, England, NZ... Italy wherever? but perhaps you mean American culture is pushed in Japan daily as the better way to live?

I couldn't tell you much because all the girls in my tiny city all wear sweatpants bearing our colleges logo on their backsides all week long. I mean I don't live in a city infested with girl's wearing sweatpants but it's that kind of leisurely "hey i'm a student I'm not going to wear a 400.00 outfit to class" attitude that generally speaking fits most of them and their attitudes towards fashion. (Yet another reason why I love traveling to Japan,)

Josh

I was talking about their hair and make-up, more than anything. In that case, you could just say Western, I guess. My husband thinks they're trying to copy anime, though, which is probably a more correct.

Excuse me for the poor comparison.

Josh, where I live, high school girls and college girls really don't wear the sweats all the time. They are tanned to the max, wearing their hip-huggers, and showing off their mid-sections.

I was talking about their hair and make-up, more than anything. In that case, you could just say Western, I guess. My husband thinks they're trying to copy anime, though, which is probably a more correct.

Josh, where I live, high school girls and college girls really don't wear the sweats all the time. They are tanned to the max, wearing their hip-huggers, and showing off their mid-sections.

Yeah well I mean we have the typical sorority girls and everything but I'm saying when in comparison to places like Shibuya my city looks broke as a four letter word starting with the letter "F" .

Know what i'm saying? Backpacks over 700.00 handbags, etc.etc.

Josh

Oh yeah, I know what you're saying. I have a couple of those myself, given to me as gifts from my husband who thinks it's normal for a girl to want those... ;) I don't wear loose socks and have a dark tan, however... :p

yahahahahaha! at least he trying :)
work wit a brother now :D
this whole thread got me thinking about ebichu now...

thanks ;) I was honestly just wondering lol
I think your husband is right, they do look like they're trying to be anime. - which is pretty sad........
but it does seem to be just a phase a lot of teenages in big cities go through and it could be fun for a while...... I don't know, sometimes it looks fun, sometimes it just looks plain scary!

Originally posted by nzueda
thanks ;) I was honestly just wondering lol
I think your husband is right, they do look like they're trying to be anime. - which is pretty sad........
but it does seem to be just a phase a lot of teenages in big cities go through and it could be fun for a while...... I don't know, sometimes it looks fun, sometimes it just looks plain scary!

HEY!!! Did you ever think that anime was trying to capture them? You didn't huh? You shouldn't look at things so one-sidedly if that's even a word.

Sailor Moon wasen't made before girls in Japan had sailor uniforms w/ mini-skirts, you know?

Atleast don't say it's sad because it's not, atleast I don't think so since we are all entitled to our own styles and we shouldn't be told we are imitating others when what we wear is part of who we are, not trying to be,

Josh

Well, I guess you can kind of expect for people to want to change their appearances some. In Japan, (naturally) everybody has black, straight hair, black eyes, pretty much the same skin tone, etc. I think I might get tired of it too. Especially if I had a rebellious streak in me...which I do... :p

Back
Top Bottom