What's new

Kit cars in Japan

Welcome to our Japan community!

A discussion forum for all Things Japanese. Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

xpid

後輩
Reaction score
For those who don't know what a kit car is:
Look in Wikipedia the term "Kit Car"

Since a amateur-built vehicles in Britain are required to pass a Single Vehicle Approval test in order to be street legal, i need to figure out what is the proper procedure accollated by law to certify a amateur-built vehicle to be driven on Japanese roads

Note: Kit cars are also known as replica cars

Reaction score
stupid_people-1.jpg

undrentide

Japa'n vagyok
Reaction score
I don't even have a driving lisence but from a quick search on the net, you need to get your car registered (i.e. get number) and for this there seem to be a lot of requirements to meet.

http://qanda.rakuten.ne.jp/qa204367.html
This is a question "is it possible to make a vehicle over 50cc and drive it on the road?" and there are several answers and information.
Unfortunately it is all in Japanese and I have no time/skill to translate it into English, but you can get a gist of it if you use online-translator (which is notorious for producing garbage, but at least you can get a little bit of idea.)

エã‚サイト翻訳
Copy and paste the Japanese text on the left and choose 窶愿コツ?ィ窶ーp (which means from Japanese to English), then hit 窶倒窶禿ウ just under it, you'll get the text in English on the right part of the page.

Top Bottom