What's new

Karate Belt translation

gogo9528

Registered
23 Nov 2016
Hello,
I recently got a Karate Belt of one of my family members with writings on it.
I asked around in the Dojo where it came from and they said it should mean something linke
"stay focused" and "stay concentrated" but I recognised the same signs used in "karate-do" (which i thought means way of the empty hand).
I would really appreciate if you could help me understand what is wirtten on it.

The sport itself is japanese but my research told me that the karate-do signs are kanji, so i am a bit confused.

Attachments

• karte_belt.jpg
    karte_belt.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 126
Kanji are Chinese characters used to write Japanese. There is no problem there.

Everything other than the kanji you (correctly) recognized are katakana and are non-Japanese words. I'm guessing German, maybe?

@thomas

Looks like "fokusiert" and "konzentriert" which could both be either imperative form (2nd person plural) or past participles. However, the katakana transcription of "konzentriert" does not seem to be quite correct.

What's the name of the Dojo? Cause that's usually what's written on the belt, or the name of the style.

Thank you for your answers.
Katakana is not a known german word.
The Dojo ist called "Karate-Dojo Germaringen" while 'Germaringen' is just the Place where it is located.
So if I get you right, there is not really a reasonable translation for what is written on it.
Is it possible to speak out what is written there? (like 空 - spoken 'kara'?)
On the other hand, what would be the japanese translation for "stay focused" "stay concentrated"?

Ah! Sorry I did not recognize this...
So it acutally is not a japanese translation - it is just a german word written in japanese (katakana) letters.

Ah! Sorry I did not recognize this...
So it acutally is not a japanese translation - it is just a german word written in japanese (katakana) letters.

I believe that is correct. Of course, each of the German words has a Japanese word attached at the end.

Back
Top Bottom