What's new

Kanji Pendant Translation Needed Please

Uzuki

Registered
16 Aug 2017
Untitled-1.jpg

I have this one character kanji necklace that I'm trying to translate.

The closest I found was 弱
#kanji 弱 - Jisho.org

I'm told the necklace is supposed to stand for "femininity", so by translation is it saying that to be feminine, is the same as to be weak, frail, or delicate? Or do I have the wrong character altogether?

Can anyone confirm?

Yes, the kanji is indeed 弱 which means "weak/frail" as in the dictionary. It can't mean "femininity" since "weak/frail" is not the same as "femininity".

Thank you so much for confirming! This is double disappointing because I thought I was getting one that said "love" and received this one instead. I knew this was not "love" and the tag on the necklace said it stood for "femininity" (which would have been okay I guess) but after digging around I found 弱 and wanted to confirm the translation. Now that I know it says that, I'll send it back since "weak/frail" is not a very positive message to wear around. Thanks again!!

Well if you think of it as "delicate" than it sounds a lot better.
If you could add a couple more characters you could get a better meaning:
手弱女 - Jisho.org
Presumably it came from China so you might want to double check on a Chinese forum.
But even if it's associated with females there, it's probably in the sense of "the weaker sex."

Just a few characters shy! Yeah, probably better just to return it and use the money to get something I can relate to and wear. Thanks!! :)

Back
Top Bottom