What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

Kanji Cards

Tomii515

やった~!
Reaction score
I got a packet that teaches you, i think, about 450 of the most commen kanji. on each card it says the stroke ordr, how to write it, each way of saying it, dictioarys you can find it in, what grade you would learn it in, a bold-face of the kanji, and if it's one of the kanji where you put 2 together to make one, it tells you the meaning of each part...stuff like that...(oh yeah! also 4 examples when its put togethher with anouther kanji to make a word.) I want to learn them, but I can really figure a good way to practice....plz and thank you to any good ideas!!

-Tomii

KrazyKat

先輩
Reaction score
I used those! The Tuttle ones right?

I would take a group of 10/15 and look at the front and try to guess the meaning. (And later theツ readings and meanings and readings of the words on the front) If it was right the card goes to the back, if not it goes just a little bit back. (How far depends on how well I know it) If I could I would also practice writing them here. If you want you can do it backwards then, guessing how to write the Kanji from looking at the back.

Once you have the first set done add another 10/15 (however many suits you) to the front of the pack and go again. This way it revises the ones you already learnt to. Then just keep going and adding more cards until it gets a bit to big to hold. Then you get to start a new set.

Remember to go back and practice your old set (and shuffle) and once you have completed more than one set you can shuffle them together and mix it up a bit more.

Remember the better you know the card the further back in the set it goes so you practice the ones you know least more.

This is a really good way to learn Kanji since you can take your set (which will be around 40/60 most of the time) around with you all the time and use it whenever you have free time, like sitting in the car or waiting for someone.

Anyway good luck!

There is also another 450 in Tuttle 2 to go on to when you finish Tuttle 1. I recommend them.

(Also remember to practice writing Kanji or you'll end up like me and unable to write by hand. :( )

Tomii515

やった~!
Reaction score
lol. Yeah, it's the Tuttle ones. That sounds like a good idea. I think it's harder remebering how to say it, rather than how ot write it...but yeah. I really need to get a grammer book though, cause I know stuff...but there is a million things more I need to know... Informal stuff is hard....but besides that, I starting on learning Kanji and just practicing sentences...anyways, Thanks!

-Tomii

Top Bottom