What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Scam Kamaye & Partners Ltd. being legitimate?

Sven Degerman

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,
Reading older posts regarding questions in relation to companies being legitimate, registered etc. I was wondering if any one could help me identify a Company:
Kamaye & Partners Ltd
Ark Hills Front Tower 16F, 2-23-1
Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo
107-0052 Japan
Phone: +815045603586 | [email protected] | www.kamayepartners.com |
Reg. No.: EIA-0035584
I have done some searches and doubt it is a real Company!

Best Regards
Sven

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
Hi Sven, your suspicion seems well-founded. Their website is partly copied from here, another dubious operation:

Here's what a British legal expert had to say about the latter:

Ben Jones replied 6 months ago.

Thank you. The facts indicate that this is very likely to be a scam, specifically the type known as ‘advance-fee fraud’. That is because the victim is asked to make advance payments before anything they have been promised materialises. As there are numerous variations of such scams, the best way to explain how they work is to identify certain 'red flags' which are often present in their build-up. The following are the most common ones:

- You are unexpectedly contacted by a company, which offers to buy existing shares off you. These could be genuine shares that are now worthless, or you could have been unknowingly scammed in the past by being sold shares in a fake or insolvent company. Either way, they have made you a good offer, worth considering
- However, before the transaction can proceed and you get the proceeds, you are asked to pay a sum of money. There are various reasons used for this, such as taxes, clearance fees, administrative costs, legal fees, etc. This is where the advance payment part of the scam comes in.
- On further examination, the company is unlikely to be a real and legitimately registered business. They are also commonly working from professionally looking websites, which have been created very recently, purely for the purpose of the scam. In this case, it is just a year old and registered to an anonymous party. They keep cloning them and registering them under new domains to cover their tracks and avoid numerous negative reviews accumulating

It looks like both companies are scams.

Edit: the domain kamayepartners.com was created in November 2020, nagashimasakai.com in February 2020. Draw your own conclusions.

Sven Degerman

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you Thomas!,

The scenario described fits perfectly with my case!

The person (woman) that approached me is very well rehearsed with formal addresses and information's.
It is a very high educated person with great EQ.

I lost some money in the US early 20010? It seems it do not stop with the fraud which I expect come from the US.
There was an other attempt 2017 which I declined using a different approach.

-This time they said the money I would pay was into an official government appointed transfer agent in Japan.
I propose they are after the USD $7,500.00
I checked today, the stock is at 0,07USD

References for other people below:

As discussed, the following is a breakdown of how the transaction works from this point on.

1. The Securities Purchase Agreement should be signed and returned to us in order to secure you a place in the acquisition.

2. I will forward a Payout Settlement Agreement form for you to fill out and return. This form is for you to indicate your preferred method of receiving payment. You have the option of receiving a direct bank transfer or a bankers draft.

3. You will be contacted by a compliance officer to complete a security check. They will go over the documentation with you to establish that the forms have been filled out correctly and that you have a good understanding of the procedure.

4. A government appointed transfer agent is assigned to you by the regulator, this is for the recertification deposit to be paid. The transaction takes 5 business days to complete as indicated in your agreement.

5. The restrictions are removed from the shares by a stock transfer agent and the funds are transferred to the account specified on your form.

6. Once you have received the funds, you are then required to sign and complete the Securities Release Form. This document acknowledges that you have received the funds in full (including the Recertification Deposit) and that you are transferring ownership from yourself to our client. At this point, there will be no need for further communication and the transaction will be complete.
------
As discussed, the Worldwide Childcare shares are Regulation S/Rule 144 issue. This is a particular class of share, they are classified as common shares but restricted common shares. This means they were sold privately, outside of the United States and they have not been registered under the U.S. Securities Act of 1933.

There is a legend stamp on all share certificates. The legend states that the shares are governed by Rule 144, they have not been registered and as such are an unsaleable or non-transferable issue.

In fact this type of stock is not commonly used an investment vehicle at all and in most cases would not be sold to private investors. This is more often seen as a venture capital tool that would normally be issued to directors of the company or used as a private placement to pay for goods and services.

In order to sell these types of shares you are required to have the legend removed and then register the shares under the Securities Act BEFORE they can be sold. In order to do this safely and securely all the financial mechanics are handled by the regulator here in Tokyo. This is a government sanctioned and regulated transaction and as such you will receive a fully notarized guarantee prior to completion.

All restricted shareholders are getting paid and processed in the required 5 working day turn around time-frame. If you are a non-US citizen, the re certification deposit will be fully refunded and is included in your payout.

The reason for payment of the re certification deposit is to ascertain that you do not have any liens or encumbrances or tax burden in the United States. As long as you are a non-US citizen and haven't loaned against the shares or ceded the certificate as a collateral against the purchase of any other assets, your shares will be made free and clear and viable to be sold.
------
D) SECURITIES PURCHASE AGREEMENT SUMMARY:
Recertification Deposit – Amount per Share: USD $1.50
Recertification Deposit Due: USD $7,500.00
Gross Sale Proceeds: USD $97,750.00
Deductible Commission Fee (1.5%): (USD $1,466.25)
Refundable Recertification Deposit: USD $7,500.00
Net Sale Proceeds: USD $103,783.75

Top Bottom