What's new

Kaki no Tane recipe

supa_r6

後輩
11 Apr 2005
Hi friends, can anyone send me the recipe of 'Kaki no Tane'. This is the rice cracker with chilli bites which I luv and am looking for its recipe.....please help me friends
sunny

Kakino tane recipe

Hi Guys, no one responded. Pl help friends.....i need to know the recipie of Kakino tane...........the rice cracker . It is also called chilli bits rice cracker in Japan.
Request you to send the response at your earliest
regards
sunny

I think no one responded because it is not something you make it yourself. 😊

If you're in desperate need and will satisfy with "kaki no tane" taste-alike, here is a recipe:

1. Cut "mochi" into bits (similar in size to taki-no-tane). Dry in the sun for a couple of days. Next, roast, stirring slowly in Teflon pan.

2. When crackers become slightly brown, turn off heat and add liquid consisting of soy sauce, mirin and chii powder. Stir crackers until nearly dry.

3. Place on dry paper (such as newspaper) until completely dry. (You may add more chili powder at this point if you prefer it hotter.)

This is not the real thing but close. Amount of liquid depends on the amount of mochi--you have to test it yourself and decide.

Please note this is a recipe I found on the Web. I don't make kaki-no-tane myself.
If you don't have mochi, you'll have to start from steaming and pounding "mochi-rice"! :giggle:

Anyway, hope it helps! 🙂

thanx

Thanks for the response. Can you please tell me what is mirin? I understood everything else.
warm regards
sunny

Hi!

Mirin is a sweet Japanese seasoning made by fermenting sake (Japanese rice wine) with sugar. When I lived in the US, I used dry sherry or any other dry type of wine+sugar as substitute.

Hope your "kaki no tane" tastes good! :)

any good website for Japanese recipe

Friends, pl help me get any good website which might give me a fairly good idea of the recipe for making Japanese rice crackers or chilli bites or 'Kakino tane'.
Will greatly appreciate your help.
warm regards
sunny

柿の種

epigene said:
I think no one responded because it is not something you make it yourself. 😊
Kaki no tane was invented in 1923 by Kozaburo Imai, the founder of Naniwaya. It is said that a bar in the Imperial Hotel was the first place serving kaki no tane with peanuts.
2p3-1.jpg
2p5-1.jpg

2p2-1.jpg
2p6-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom