What's new

Just want to know if my 日本語 isn't that bad

MetalGear RAY

後輩
22 Jun 2004
こんいちは。
I've made a little text in 日本語 and I'd want to know whether it's correct or not. So, if someone would do a quick look-over for me, I wouldn't know how to thank him/her...

こんいちは。
僕 の なまえ が MetalGear RAYです そして 私 は 日本語 を ならう。日本語 が おかしい です でも、難しい だ。漢字 は もっと 難しいだ。僕 は きちっと な 日本語 を 話したい だ。

I think I've said:
"Hello,
My name is MetalGear RAY and I learn Japanese. Japanese is fun but hard. Kanji is even harder. I want to speak Japanese perfectly."

Is that it ? ありがとう ございます。

I'm guessing that you just missed some periods and didn't intentionally leave them out.

MetalGear RAY said:
こんいちは。

This should be こんにちは.

MetalGear RAY said:
僕 の なまえ が MetalGear RAYです

I think that using わたし here would be better, but I guess it depends on the situation. Instead of が you should use は. So the first sentence would be: わたしの なまえは MetalGearRAYです。 Also, you could just say MetalGear RAYです. Everyone would know that you are talking about yourself.

MetalGear RAY said:
そして 私 は 日本語 を ならう。

I think そして should be dropped in the second sentence, as well as 私 -- 日本語をならっています。 I put ならう in the present progressive to show that the action is ongoing, or in this case, habitual.

MetalGear RAY said:
日本語 が おかしい です

If you mean "Japanese is fun," then you should use either 日本語は面白いです or 日本語は楽しいです。 おかしい means "funny" or "strange."

MetalGear RAY said:
でも、難しい だ。

難しいです or just 難しい, but never 難しいだ. Adjectives (either true or -i, however you want to call them, but I mean the 形容詞) are never followed by だ.

MetalGear RAY said:
漢字 は もっと 難しいだ。

Same as above. Another thing, what are you comparing kanji to here? Japanese?

MetalGear RAY said:
僕 は きちっと な 日本語 を 話したい だ。

きっちと is a colloquialized きちんと, both of which are only used with する. To say that you want to speak perfect Japanese, I think that 完璧(かんぺき)な日本語が話したいです would be fine. Also, no だ after adjectives -- 話す becomes an adjective when changed to the "want to" form, as do all verbs, which is why the objects of these verbs take が, although they can also take を, with a slightly different nuance. I believe the use of を puts more emphasis on the action, rather than the wanting to, but I'm not sure.

This should be こんにちは.
My mistake. Just a little spelling error...

I think that using わたし here would be better, but I guess it depends on the situation. Instead of が you should use は. So the first sentence would be: わたしの なまえは MetalGearRAYです。 Also, you could just say MetalGear RAYです. Everyone would know that you are talking about yourself.
Thanks.

If you mean "Japanese is fun," then you should use either 日本語は面白いです or 日本語は楽しいです。 おかしい means "funny" or "strange."
I didn't know the right Kanjis for the word "Okashii"

難しいです or just 難しい, but never 難しいだ. Adjectives (either true or -i, however you want to call them, but I mean the 形容詞) are never followed by だ.
That means I'll use "desu" more often instead of "da".

Same as above. Another thing, what are you comparing kanji to here? Japanese?
Exactly.

..................ouch 😌

That shows me I've a lot to do if I want to get better... 😌

ども ありがとう ございます, Glenn さん!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot:
In overall, was my Japanese text good or bad, assuming that I've been learning 日本語 since a month ?

Glenn said:

面白い can be used to describe a language, as in 日本語 (or Eigo) は面白いです

but

楽しい should be used to describe an activity. Thus, 日本語 no benkyou は楽しいです.

I've made a "corrected (sort of)" version of that text...

こんにちは。
私 はMetalGear RAYです。私 は 日本語 を ならって います。日本語 が 面白い です でも、難しい です。日本語 は 漢字 が もっと 難しい です。私 は かんぺき な 日本語 を はなしたい です。

Is it better? worse?

MetalGear RAY said:
こんにちは。
私 はMetalGear RAYです。私 は 日本語 を ならって います。日本語 が 面白い です でも、難しい です。日本語 は 漢字 が もっと 難しい です。私 は かんぺき な 日本語 を はなしたい です。

Sorry, I can't type in Japanese unless I go to a Japanese site, find the words I wanna use, and cut & paste which takes forever.

私 はMetalGear RAYです

Most Japanese have no idea what a "MetalGear" is, so it's better to say "Watashi no namae はMetalGear RAYです"

日本語 が 面白い です

use "wa" instead of "ga"

日本語 は漢字 が もっと 難しい です

I think you meant もっとも "mottomo" = in particular, especially

日本語 は漢字 が もっとも難しい です

Otherwise, totemo yoku dekimashita! 🙇

Golgo Sensei :cool:

Let me try it...

こんにちは。
私 の名前はMetalGear RAYです。日本語 を ならって います。日本語 が 面白いのに難しいです。漢字 のは もっと 難しいと思います。私 は日本語がぺらぺらに話したいんですが。

well.. I think we need a native speaker to judge our texts ね。

では、また。

I think you meant もっとも "mottomo" = in particular, especially

日本語 は漢字 が もっとも難しい です

Or for a slightly different meaning.....

日本語で最も難しいのは漢字です (?)
日本語で難しいのは漢字だけです。 :p
日本語で漢字は最も難しいの一つです。 (?)

漢字 のは もっと 難しいと思います.
せっかく書き直してもらったのですが、それでもこの部分はやっぱり意味がわからないですね。

MetalGear RAY said:
Fortunately I've found something for you...

:cool:

Thank you sir! :) :) :)

Unfortunately, my computer at work will not allow me to open that file. : (

MtoM said:
Let me try it...
こんにちは。
私 の名前はMetalGear RAYです。日本語 を ならって います。日本語 が 面白いのに難しいです。漢字 のは もっと 難しいと思います。私 は日本語がぺらぺらに話したいんですが。

日本語 が 面白いのに難しいです。

should be "面白い kedo 難しいです"

漢字 のは もっと 難しいと思います。

"のは" should just be "は", and use もっとも. "もっと 難しい" means "it's more difficult." Kanji can't be more difficult than Japanese because it's part of Japanese.

MtoM said:
Let me try it...

こんにちは。

well.. I think we need a native speaker to judge our texts ね。

では、また。

Hello.

日本語は面白いのに難しいです。日本語の中でも、漢字はもっと難しいと思います。でも、私は、日本語をぺらぺらに話したいです。

I'm native japanese speaker so I think it is correct :p

Golgo_13 said:
Thank you sir! :) :) :)

Unfortunately, my computer at work will not allow me to open that file. : (

how about this site? hope you can use.
Chinese, Japanese & Korean Language Software by NJStar 南极星

starry night said:
Hello.

日本語は面白いのに難しいです。日本語の中でも、漢字はもっと難しいと思います。でも、私は、日本語をぺらぺらに話したいです。

I'm native japanese speaker so I think it is correct :p

日本語で「けど」と「のに」とほぼ同じですね。その時の気分やその人によってどちらを使うか違っても意味に変わりはありません。英語のEven though, althoughを意味するのに「のに、けど」などが使われる場合があります。

それでも「けど」というより「のに」はもっと強い気持ちが現れていますか?

たとえば、「のに」は、結果が思われてたよりまったく違うになるとき使いますか。

物の言い方にルールはない方が多いと思います。:(

Elizabeth said:
日本語で「けど」と「のに」とほぼ同じですね。その時の気分やその人によってどちらを使うか違っても意味に変わりはありません。英語のEven though, althoughを意味するのに「のに、けど」などが使われる場合があります。

それでも「けど」というより「のに」はもっと強い気持ちが現れていますか?

たとえば、「のに」は、結果が思われてたよりまったく違うになるとき使いますか。

物の言い方にルールはない方が多いと思います。:(

そうですね。けどものにも、ほとんど同じ意味ですね。私が思うに、のにのほうが 多少強い感じ(強い気持ち現してる感じ)しますけど…… :? でも、even though, althoughなどのように、どちらも、逆接(ぎゃくせつ)をあらわします。それと、のにを最後の文に、付けることもできます。たとえば、{あれほど注意しておいたのに}。このように、のにを、最後に置くと残念、不満の意味を表します。同じように、けども文の最後に置くことができます。でも少し、のにとは意味が違ってきます。例えば、{いいと思うのに}このように相手の反応を窺う(うかがう)意味を表します。

I agree that if there are noooo rules, it is easy to say and learn...not only Japanese but also English :(

Another question:

Pimsleurさん の 日本語 の 勉強 を して いる で、私 は もっと いい です よ。
I think I said: (Literally: By doing Pimsleur's Japanese studies, I'm better !)
Is this one right ?

MetalGear RAY said:
Another question:

Pimsleurさん の 日本語 の 勉強 を して いる で、私 は もっと いい です よ。
I think I said: (Literally: By doing Pimsleur's Japanese studies, I'm better !)
Is this one right ?
It isn't exactly right.....maybe Pimsleurさん の 日本語 の 勉強 を して いるの で
だいぶよくなった (or 非常にじょうじになった) (or うまくいっています ;もっとよくなった)。 (By studying Pimsleur's method, I've greatly improved).

But what sounds best in English is : By using Pimsleur's method my Japanese has gotten better). :)

Back
Top Bottom