What's new

Just found that on Mainichi's English page

I would file it under "sad but true".

Unless someone has been convicted of a crime, it is unlikely that the gaining country would know of any lewd behavior. In my observation of many JET's (not all) that work in Japan, quite a few of them are either gay, lesbian, or bi-sexual. That is based off of the ones I have either met, or chatted with online. I know of 5 female teachers who are admittedly lesbians, and 12 males who are admittedly bi-sexual.

Of course sexual orientation doesn't have much to do with this story, those people that I know all moved to Japan to escape scrutiny at home (EU and USA) or to live a different lifestyle than that of what they were doing at home. This is similar to what molestors hope to do. They want to move somewhere that they are unknown and trusted.

Also add in that in Japan teens are much more active (sexually) than other places, someone like Karr would be in Candyland!

Also add in that in Japan teens are much more active (sexually) than other places, someone like Karr would be in Candyland!
I don't know what Karr did in Thailand.
But he is to be persecuted by the Megan law, if he commited the crime applied to the law even outside the US, right?

I would believe only if Thailand would be willing to release him to the US. They did it once already, so no reason to believe that they wouldn't do it again.

I doubt seriously that the US would attempt to prosecute Karr after the debacle of bringing him in for questioning and having to release him again.

I don't know. I would like to see some stats:

1. Number of people in Japan.
  2. Number of foreigners teaching a foreign language in Japan.
  3. Number of pedophiles in Japan.
  4. Number of foreign pedophiles teaching a foreign language in Japan.

if 4/2 > 3/1 one might have a point.

I'd like to see the pedophiles stand up and admit to being pedophiles so that you may see your stats!

The Japanese version

Forgot to add, that in the Japanese version , this article came after another one, about a mother who sued a professor, because she misheard him threatening to abduct her child.The verdict was "non-guilty" for the professor, but the article left amny questions unanswered, like was it the fault of a psycic mother, or the professor waved some money; is it right every wacko to call the police now and then and even to put respectable people on trial (just for information, there is a guy, who for three years have been stealing small personal items from me, and putting signs that I don't live there on my door, and the police said thay can't do anything; however, they reacted immediately to the Japanese:( )
Well, shown in this order, the article about ELT has certain psycological effect, I think.

Forgot to add, that in the Japanese version , this article came after another one, about a mother who sued a professor, because she misheard him threatening to abduct her child.The verdict was "non-guilty" for the professor, but the article left amny questions unanswered, like was it the fault of a psycic mother, or the professor waved some money; is it right every wacko to call the police now and then and even to put respectable people on trial (just for information, there is a guy, who for three years have been stealing small personal items from me, and putting signs that I don't live there on my door, and the police said thay can't do anything; however, they reacted immediately to the Japanese:( )
Well, shown in this order, the article about ELT has certain psycological effect, I think.
I don't know what news you are talking about, but the granpa I said above was a 59 yr old American professor stalking a young woman in Tokyo.

I haven't heard this news...

Whoa....
I haven't heard this one yet.Scary...Could you tell me more,pls?Or some link maybe...
BUt interesting, I have a stalker, and because the police said they can't do anything, and I had to rearrange my life in order to cope with this. That's why I'm hanging all the time in the university.First it was shocking and I didn't want to stay at home, but then I desided that this won't be his way.My Korean friend always supports me, and I came up with this for a quite long time.
Interesting how this hasn't become a topic in the newspapers: European PhD student harrased by unknown Japanese man( they know he is Japanese, they saw his writings).

BUt interesting, I have a stalker, and because the police said they can't do anything, and I had to rearrange my life in order to cope with this. That's why I'm hanging all the time in the university.First it was shocking and I didn't want to stay at home, but then I desided that this won't be his way.My Korean friend always supports me, and I came up with this for a quite long time.
You mean now? Go to the police station nearby soonest possible.

Now there is the story about the Congressman from Florida, Mark Foley, who has been after the high school pages (assistants) in Congress for many years.

You mean now? Go to the police station nearby soonest possible.
I went several times, once even with my professor, but they said they can't do anything.I said I'm not gonna play by his rules, and that was all.
At least I have the police patroling this area in the evenings.

It wasn't love letter exactly. It was like an announcement that I don't live here anymore and have gone back to my country , stuff like that.But when I heard from the police that nothing can be done, I just threw it away and desided ( that was the day I stopped being afraid) that I'm not playing by his rules.I don't care if he steals some grabage or rug, but he stole some important notificatons from some scientific organizations and journals.
Such people enjoy having control over the victim by terrifying it.If he loses the source of good emotion-i.e. the sence of control and power ,caused by victim's fear, then it won't be interesting anymore.

That sucks. You should confront him and ask him to return the items. Just use your best keigo in a loud voice. Or put a video camera near your mailbox!

Thank you very much for your concern!
I started this thread firstly, because an article like the above might cause misunderstandings among some Japanese mothers, especially in the light of the increased crimes comitted against children.Also, I am interested on the image of the foreigners in the Japanese media, as long as it has great impact on the ordinary people's opinion.
As for that strange guy, well, I've tried many things, as I said, but it just makes me feel more and more helpless,and this is upseting.So I deal with the problem as a Japanese :ignore and forget.I'm neither the first nor the last one with such a problem.
Thank you again for your support and concern.🌹 🌹
Back to the problem, I really hope "stalker" and "child abuse" won't become the newest features in the negative image of the foreigners, offered so often by the Japanese media.

Back
Top Bottom