What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Just came back from a Working Holiday in Japan.

blade

先輩
Reaction score
Hey everyone I just came back from a Working Holiday in Tokyo. I was there for 10 Months, and I must say the experience has made me more mature. I loved Tokyo and yes it was just as I imagined it to be a live anime come to life. I enjoyed the people and the night life but the downside is I had to work looong hours to support myself but in the end it was worth it. I couldn窶冲 stay in Japan because the company I was working for wouldn't sponsor me because they don't sponsor WHV people and they want to give people a chance to work that come to Tokyo on a WHV, plus no one would sponsor me with out a degree :( So I came back 2 months early before my WHV ran out to enroll back into university before the deadline on sept 30 for winter classes. I am willing to take 4 years out of my life and return to school to get my degree in international relations and immigration so that I can work at the Canadian embassy in Tokyo or the Canadian consulate in Osaka. The thing is I will be 33 years old when I graduate, but I still think it is a good idea to go back to school starting JAN 05 to get my BA so I won窶冲 be struggling to get into the country without one. Well I guess I wont be missing Japan all that much if I stick to this place Home | Japanese Canadian Cultural Centre in Toronto training in Naginata.

click here Home | Japanese Canadian Cultural Centre

Last edited:

King of Tokyo

The Funky Homosapien.
Reaction score
Welcome back to Toronto.. Even if you wish you weren't back.. Heh.. And I might have to check out that link.. I never heard of it before.. Maybe it will suffice until I go to Japan.. Heh.

blade

先輩
Reaction score
King check it out bro it's one of those jems that is not advertised, I have been there before and the Dojo's, interior and the rest of place is 100% Japanese style! It's like being in Japan without leaving Toronto!

King of Tokyo

The Funky Homosapien.
Reaction score
blade said:
King check it out bro it's one of those jems that is not advertised, I have been there before and the Dojo's, interior and the rest of place is 100% Japanese style! It's like being in Japan without leaving Toronto!

Yeh I think I might have to if I get the opportunity. One question, If you're not Japanese do they still let you do things and treat you the same? Heh.. This sounds pretty cool.. Hope I get to go there.

blade

先輩
Reaction score
King of Tokyo said:
Yeh I think I might have to if I get the opportunity. One question, If you're not Japanese do they still let you do things and treat you the same? Heh.. This sounds pretty cool.. Hope I get to go there.

Yeah anyone can join, even some of the people that work there are not Japanese.

King of Tokyo

The Funky Homosapien.
Reaction score
blade said:
Yeah anyone can join, even some of the people that work there are not Japanese.

Sweet Deal.. This will have to substitute until I go to Japan.. Heh.

Top Bottom