What's new

Jrock, if you were blind.

Winter

Gag me with a spoon
19 Nov 2003
Honestly think about it. Would jrock be as important to you, if you were blind?

If you never knew how your favorite artist looked like, do you think it would matter? Seriously consider that, before you answer.

to be honest, i don't care 'bout their look. I like them for their music only ;) [well, Haido is special :roll:]

Of course it would be as important to me. Every artist I like I listened to thier music first, then saw pics. While the visual part is an added bonus, it is not neccesary for me to like the music. So, yeah, I would still like it as much as I do now.

1) People who like groups based on if they're "hot" or not can hardly be considered fans.

2) I don't particulary search for visual bands, so it's not anything I'm attacted to especially.

3) How could I be sad if I didn't know about, say, hide's pink hair if I... didn't know he had pink hair since I couldn't see him? :p

I'm gonna go climb a banana tree!

Originally posted by Kuro_Tsubasa69
Of course it would be as important to me. Every artist I like I listened to thier music first, then saw pics. While the visual part is an added bonus, it is not neccesary for me to like the music. So, yeah, I would still like it as much as I do now.

I agree with Kuro_Tsubasa69. 🙂 😄

CDs don't show me pretty pictures. If I was only into their looks, I wouldn't buy the CDs, I'd download them. I'd be a rambling, idiotic loud fangirl. I have 1 photobook, and it is Malice Mizer so I have a great excuse, the excuse being "IT'S MALICE MIZER.". Yes, yes. I also collect the GLB's, cause Mana is in 'em. He's special, too. Purdy. =3

Lydia

Of course style is important but honestly if I like a visual band like Dir en Grey it's because of the feelings their music gives me....

Okay, Part 2 of this thread. For those of you who claim visuals are not vital to your appreciation for whoever, then how many of you coincidently restrict your music listening to overseas bands; namely Japanese/Chinese?

Not me ^_______________^

I don't listen to much music; Lareine, Malice Mizer, Moi Dix Mois, Dir en grey and Gackt are all the Japanese I listen to. Well, maybe a couple of other bands. >_>
But not much.

Of course, my list of non-Japanese bands pales next to THAT, but only - And I promise this- because I just don't listen to that much music, and I get a lot more exposure to Japanese bands than to non-Japanese.

Lydia

@ Part 2: All of the languages I have songs in (that I can remember): Japanese, English, Korean, Finnish, French, German, Spanish, Chinese, Swedish, Greek.

Along with jrock, I listen to a lot of american and british music ranging from alternative to psychadelic to folk... But I'll listen to anything Japanese because I am a really big Japanophile...:p

part 1: To be truthful, like others here, I like a band or artist for their music. However, the way I was introduced to Jrock was a friend sticking a picture under my nose and saying "Look! He's hot! Wheee!" The picture was of Gackt, and I ended looking him up and all. I always do that when someone introduces me to something new. Heard some of his music*, didn't find it particulary special, but from there I began to discover other artists. So yeah, if I were blind, then perhaps my friend would never have stuck that picture under my nose.
* In between been shown Gackt's picture and hearing his music I was shown and heard Bz, who I liked.

part 2: I study Asian languages so I mostly have Asian artists. And a couple of French songs.

@Part 2: The majority of what I listen to is jrock, but, I do also listen to French music, Spanish music, and some British and American Music. Music is just too good to limit your selection, especially since each type from various places brings its own 'taste/style' to the scene, which is refreshing. ;)

Originally posted by Winter
Honestly think about it. Would jrock be as important to you, if you were blind?

If you never knew how your favorite artist looked like, do you think it would matter? Seriously consider that, before you answer.

Of course it would. I like them cause' they make really good music, then I mean REALLY GOOD!!!

Originally posted by zombiepanda
@ Part 2: All of the languages I have songs in (that I can remember): Japanese, English, Korean, Finnish, French, German, Spanish, Chinese, Swedish, Greek.

Did you see World idol? The norwegian guy Kurt won YAY! He got such a cool voice. To bad he is ugly...

Just wanted to say this is a good thread subject, Winter...hehehe...

I'm not a fan of any J-music, though, so I don't think I'm qualified to offer my two cents.

Originally posted by Timsan
Scandinavian rock is superior to "jrock" ^^
I like "The Hives", those are the first that spring to mind when you mention Scandinavian rock. What Scandinavian bands do you listen to?

ブルーバード

Arent the hives really from Norway, or Sweden?

Anyhoo, a great Scandinavian artist is King Diamond. Gotta love him.

For me I have to say yes
When I started to listen to japanese music, I haven't had i-net back then, and therefore I had no idea how the band members looked. But it was a very pretty side effect I didn't mind when I got to know XD

Originally posted by zombiepanda
1) People who like groups based on if they're "hot" or not can hardly be considered fans.

Exactly. People who used to go for bands like Backstreet Boys (Cough hack choke :cautious: ) only liked them because of their looks. I hate it when all band is is a bucket of make-up and a wiggly voice. -_-

I wouldn't really care. :)

PART 1: cool if they r handsome, but music is what it matters 👍
PART 2: i listen music from all over the world 👏

Question no. 3: How many of you base some importance, or at least consideration to the look of a band?

Back
Top Bottom