What's new

JR train operational hour

koolkool

後輩
24 Jul 2006
I read somewhere in this forum that JR train operates from 8.00 am to 18 pm.Is this correct ? I'm wondering..if i want to go ,for example at 20.00 pm to Roppongi from Shinagawa, and go back to Shinagawa hmm:) about 03.00 in the morning what will be my transportation except Taxi ? I had ride a taxi and it was way too expensive for me..Arigatou👍

There are almost no trains in Japan that run any later than 12:30 AM. This seems to be in order to give business to taxis, because the trains would surely do good business through the night if they were running.

So basically, a taxi is your only choice.

00.30 is usually the absolute latest. You won't be so lucky with all trains. In and around Tokyo, you're probably good 'til 11, 11:30. Where I live, the last train from Tokushima city to my town departs at 7:11, and the last train leaves at 10:20 (then getting home involves a 30 minute taxi ride).

Jr

Yes yes i c,so what do u suggest if i miss the train..where will i spend the night? Is it hard to find a hotel like capsule hotel there? how much it will cost me?:)

Capsule hotels are not hard to find in Shinjuku and other places. Getting a spare capsule is another story. If you miss your last train and it is too long and expensive for a taxi ride, you can just hang out in an all night coffee shop or snack and such. Shinjuku, Roppongi, and such usually have all night spots.

Yeah. Staying up 'til 5:30 (when the trains usually start running again) isn't the end of the world, but it can wear you down. If you know you're going to miss the train and want a capsule, you can probably reserve the room when you arrive in the area and waltz right in when you're done partying.

Ahahah...make sense mates..thank u..so if i catch the 05.30 train will it be crowded or not?
24 hour coffee shop..good idea Pachipro-san..
Since my base will be in Shinagawa (if possible), i'm haven't make a reservation yet, do u know the fare of JR yamanote line ticket from Shinagawa to Shibuya, Shinjuku, Harajuku, Roppongi and Asakusa ?Arigatou

Have you ever heard about Japan Railway Pass?It's a ticket for foreigner who want to feel free to travel Japan with unlimited times of taking JR within a period of time.It's especially for foreigner only but have to apply it before coming to Japan.

JR railpass

Since my extended stay is only for 5 days and 4 nights ,i dont think i have to use the JR railpass 1 week ticket..but thank u for the suggestion, mate👍

Ahahah...make sense mates..thank u..so if i catch the 05.30 train will it be crowded or not?
24 hour coffee shop..good idea Pachipro-san..
Since my base will be in Shinagawa (if possible), i'm haven't make a reservation yet, do u know the fare of JR yamanote line ticket from Shinagawa to Shibuya, Shinjuku, Harajuku, Roppongi and Asakusa ?Arigatou

Good point. the percentage of the starting train seems to be 20-30%. It's crowded to me.

Good point. the percentage of the starting train seems to be 20-30%. It's crowded to me.

From memory 100% means that every seat and every handle is being "used", and the first few trains out of Shibuya, Shinjuku and Ueno on a Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning (on the Yamanote, Rinkai, Keihintohoku and Chuou lines) is usually pretty packed, normally to 100% or more.

Back
Top Bottom