What's new

JR Pass over late December and New Year

PaulWoodh

後輩
27 Sep 2007
Hi all, this is my first post but hopefully I can contribute here as well.

I'm travelling to Japan again from the 25th Dec to 3rd Jan. Obviously the 28th to 3rd is a bad time to travel, but I was thinking of getting a Green Coach JR pass. My logic is to travel around Tokyo (maybe North/North East Honshu) for a few days and then get out of Tokyo before the 28th Dec to head for Shikoku and Kyushu. However, I'd like to get back to Tokyo before 31st Dec. I can't book trains until the 25th Dec though. Does this sound realistic or do you think the trains will be totally booked out. I guess the other option would be to travel on local trains taking more time... Has anyone had experience with this? Thanks in advance.

What is a Green Coach JR pass? Do you mean Japan Rail Pass for Green Cars? If that is the ticket you get, it should be OK if you reserve in advance right after getting here. Green Cars are full much later than regular seats. Should even be possible to get a reservation shortly before the trip on many trains.

Hi Kenasto, thanks for that, much appreciated. And yes I did mean green car. Wouldn't usually stretch to that but want to make things a little flexable if possible.

Excuse me...what r d 'Japan Rail Pass for Green Cars' stand for?...I would like to know it since i will visiting tokyo at d end of this year...

green cars are reserved seating on some express trains. A rail pass for green cars will probably get you a seat on one of them. If the cost difference is big and you won't be riding on reserved-seating trains much, it's probably not worth it.

Back
Top Bottom