What's new

Jobs in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now you're just being ridiculous. What a pity that the other participants in the thread are putting more sincere and serious thought into helping you toward your goal than you are.

You're just another in the never-ending line of deluded dreamers who take it all out in talk without being ready, willing, or able to devote the time, energy, and resources to the efforts it would take to actually establish visa eligibility. Excuses and ridiculous ideas, though, you have no shortage of.

I'm sorry, I have to disagree. There is a huge difference between being a deluded dreamer, and having a goal. Just because you happen to not agree with that goal, is YOUR personal viewpoint.

On these forums, (and others) I've stayed perfectly serious and mature in my inquiries. You can accuse others of dreaming all you want to, but my personal goals will not change.

Having said that, I'll continue my search for either a Visa, or a "secure" (as secure as these things can get) shadier job in Japan.

I said nothing about disagreeing with your goal.

Just out of curiosity....Have you ever been to Japan at all?

By reading the thread it should be rather clear that he has never been to Japan. There are so many things that he was not aware of until someone told it to him.

No, I havent been to Japan.

Why would you call me ridiculous? I mean... What did I say exactly that was so outlandish?

No, I havent been to Japan.
Why would you call me ridiculous? I mean... What did I say exactly that was so outlandish?

We all have dreams, but being realistic about the fulfilling of the dream is different. If you look back at your posts, you should understand yourself why he thinks it is ridiculous.

Some of the things you have proposed, without even really knowing what you proposed like the fraud marriage, or getting smuggled into Japan but the problem would arise when you get stopped by police and asked for your alien registration card.

We all know that you are serious about wanting to go to Japan, that is not the question. It is just the means how you want to get there, which are not quite realistic always. Take our advice what we give to you.

Kruniac, You are seriously p!ssing me off. That's a heads up for my tone in this message.

I wrote: You don't have to be a "generic intelligent" person to work on SOFA status for the military bases. Contractors do it all the time. This is one of the very few options you have. You replied:
I doubt its going to happen.
Be a doubting Thomas. You have obviously not even looked into this in the least. I stand by my quote above. Either you do something along those lines, or you have just shortened your options again. Sh!t or get off the pot.

I wrote: Yes, people get hired to do factory work and the like here, and they don't have degrees, but they are also eligible for the right visa(s). That includes the nikkei (who can work here on a Long-term Resident visa) and the foreigners from developing countries (mostly) who are here on trainee visas (upgraded to something a little less demeaning, but they are still sh!t jobs that no Japanese wants, and there are a lot of laws broken by the employers and government itself in this hiring process). You replied:
Which visas? I would be interested in something like this. Im looking for a way in - ill make money when I get there, that wont be a problem.
I thought I made it clear the first time with bold type. How about now with red type? Read the post or get off this thread.

What exactly is a trainee visa?
PLEASE read the MOFA site to answer that. Item IV describes all visas.

And there is no way I'm going to take a trade that will only benefit me when I am over thirty.
Fine, you are not going anywhere with that attitude, whether in the USA or in Japan. At least you can communicate in English back home. Just what did you expect to do here for income that a Japanese person can't do? You are going to have to think of that simple fact before you realize that no degree and no experience equals no chance for a life anywhere.

Yes, I got a lot of information from MOFA. However, I doubt highly that I will have the cash to get a degree. I can -fake- degrees, but Immigration wouldnt like that, so its not really viable.
You wrote that after I stated "get the right credentials". Laughable response. As for cash for the degree, I worked my @ss off as a teenager to afford my college career and supported my mother and 4 siblings simultaneously. Get real.

the only businesses I could run wouldnt really go over very well as an "official" business, and certainly not one which requires realtors.
Be coy about things and not tell us what that would be. It's your life (or lack thereof). Businesses abound here. River rafting, tours, hiking, ski instructor, pottery, language school, etc. But, your limited mindset is obviously holding you back from life in general, not just a life in Japan.

I wouldnt have a problem with using Tourist Visas to go to Japan, if I could WORK while there.
Well, you can't. They call them tourist visas for a reason. Tourists are not allowed to work. They are tourists, visiting on a very limited basis for sightseeing.

I dont have a lot of money as it is, so to travel to Japan, then to find a place and have a chunk of cash to rely on, THEN to work would be hard enough. It would be simply impossible to stay without a job.
So, get qualified for work. Most people here did. You aren't special.

School isnt going to happen.
The options have been explained to you. Take them or stay there.

Re: cultural visa
Thats interesting. That would be things like martial arts and so forth?
Yes. Martial arts, pottery making, ikebana, woodcraft, sword making, whatever passes for a craft.

You wouldnt happen to know of anyone who would be willing to teach me a craft on a cultural visa?
Do your own d@mned legwork!

It could even be someone who is qualified to teach a craft, but doesnt actually have to teach me anything. I just need that Visa.
The cultural visa itself does not permit work. You are allowed to work if you can get special permission from immigration, and it is only part-time work. Plus, the cultural visa has a limited lifespan. I repeat, read the MOFA regulations.

True enough. I'm cramming my head full of the language, and have been for some time. I'll move on to reading/writing later on, but I'm really focusing on the language.
Do we really have to explain to you that "language" includes reading and writing, not just speaking and grammar knowledge?

Option two. I go to Japan on a tourist visa, and I try to vanish into the urban landscape, working where I could, and trying to submerge into the underworld. This has a similar flaw to the first scenario, in the fact that -eventually- (around a 90 day mark), the first run in with police would bring the trip to an end.
It's worse than you think. People have done this, but once caught, they are deported, fined, incarcerated, and blacklisted for 5-10 years from ever returning here. More than a mere "flaw".

See, my problem doesnt arise from getting a job.
Don't delude yourself.

My problems would stem from not having enough time/ability to work to stay in Japan.
Your problems are more deep-seated. See above remarks about lack of degree and experience, and add to that a bucketful of nonsensical thinking and lack of ambition.

If I had a -long- stay in Japan, I feel I could harvest the right amount (and right type) of contacts needed to keep me in Japan. This could take the form of legitimate business, culture study, or criminal group (who have a knack for getting Visas, etc.)
I've already pointed out a couple of ways to have that long stay -- cultural visa and student visa. Pooh-pooh what it takes to get them, if you like, but right now, those and SOFA are your only options, my friend.

If I had a -short- stay in Japan (the 90 days), but could -work-, I feel I could network enough friends to get a decent enough job to warrant a working Visa, thereby allowing me to stay as long as I am working.
Friends don't make you eligible for visas. Degrees or experience does.

Also, I didnt just get out of high school. I dropped out when I was 15, and didnt have those extra years of social interaction with other people. In fact, for the last eight years, I have left my house about 30 times for social interaction.
So, answer my simple question. How old are you?

I feel bored, suppressed, and to me, moving to Japan, reversing my social habits, and living in a radically different society would be just the thing to save my sanity.
Why? You have never been here, right? Pay a visit first (as long as possible, because being a tourist is nothing like being a resident).

tell him there is one person in the US who will do anything to land a job in Japan. Unless it is work that could not possibly be learned on the job (programming, etc), I'm up for it.
No, you are not. You are NOT willing to "do anything", as has been painfully pointed out several times here.

Get a degree or experience, or see if SOFA has something for you (now or in the near future). Those are your ONLY viable options.

BTW, to all readers and moderators, I apologize for my tone, but I think it is blatantly obvious why I responded like I did. Kruniac is either seriously out in left field with reality or is a troll. If it is the former option, I've seen plenty like him, and this thread needs to be closed. Such people whine about (essentially) loopholes to let them in the system, then complain when they are told there are none (or that they are unwilling to take the ones offered). If K is a troll, I leave it to the moderators to do the obvious thing.

Be a doubting Thomas. You have obviously not even looked into this in the least. I stand by my quote above. Either you do something along those lines, or you have just shortened your options again. Sh!t or get off the pot.

That isnt what I'm going to do with my life.

I thought I made it clear the first time with bold type. How about now with red type? Read the post or get off this thread.

Yeah. I checked up on Trainee visas. Interesting.

Fine, you are not going anywhere with that attitude, whether in the USA or in Japan. At least you can communicate in English back home. Just what did you expect to do here for income that a Japanese person can't do? You are going to have to think of that simple fact before you realize that no degree and no experience equals no chance for a life anywhere.

Its not so much me doing what a Japanese person can't do, but doing something period. The entire point to staying in Japan without a degree and experience would be to see if I can make connections and work for -CRIMINALS-. I didnt really want to spell that out, as many people take a moral high ground, and/or think I'm the 16 year old "LULZ Mafia R kool" stereotype.

You wrote that after I stated "get the right credentials". Laughable response. As for cash for the degree, I worked my @ss off as a teenager to afford my college career and supported my mother and 4 siblings simultaneously. Get real.

Good for you. Be proud of your accomplishments. Getting falsified documents isnt "laughable". Its something that is illegal which happens every so often. Sometimes the person is caught, sometimes they arent. Just because you dont -agree- with a course of action doesnt mean its -laughable-.

Be coy about things and not tell us what that would be. It's your life (or lack thereof). Businesses abound here. River rafting, tours, hiking, ski instructor, pottery, language school, etc. But, your limited mindset is obviously holding you back from life in general, not just a life in Japan.

A prostitution operation. Enough said. Naturally, I would need the proper contacts to facilitate the moving of said goods. That is why I didnt mention the prospect of that type of business. It really has no place here.

Well, you can't. They call them tourist visas for a reason. Tourists are not allowed to work. They are tourists, visiting on a very limited basis for sightseeing.

It seems that from the folks on Gaijinpot, some Tourist Visa foreigners do indeed get work, even though they arent supposed to. You seem to put things in black and white, or as I like to say - "Law, and against the law".

You said
Well, you can't.
- Obviously that isnt true. There is no force physically stopping someone from working on a tourist visa. I get agitated when someone takes a "CANT NO NO CANT!!!!!111eleven" attitude with anything.

So, get qualified for work. Most people here did. You aren't special.

Lets see. Get qualified for work. Need a degree for that. Get a degree? Need money for that. Get money? Need qualifications for that. Need qualified for work? Oh.. there we go. The circle.

The options have been explained to you. Take them or stay there.

Once again, you are speaking within the bounds of traditional options. I think I've recieved all of the assistance from you that I'm going to get regarding "normal" means of getting into Japan and getting a job. Thank you.

However, the "Take them or stay there" attitude isnt either called for, or correct. There are other means to get a job, and stay in Japan with or without a Visa. Just because you prefer to either not think of them, or pretend they dont exist, doesnt mean they arent viable.

Do your own d@mned legwork!

I'm not in Japan to do my own legwork, and obviously "favors" dont come easily by you. You see, where I come from, if we have a contact, and someone could use that contact, we do that person a "favor", and pass it along.

In other words, I wasnt saying "Gawd. Too lazy to do anything. Someone get me into Japan." I was inquiring that IF someone could do it, I would owe them.

The cultural visa itself does not permit work. You are allowed to work if you can get special permission from immigration, and it is only part-time work. Plus, the cultural visa has a limited lifespan. I repeat, read the MOFA regulations.

That answered a question I had about the Cultural Visa, thanks. I was wondering if the "special permission" came from Immigration, or the particular master/organization teaching you the skill.

Do we really have to explain to you that "language" includes reading and writing, not just speaking and grammar knowledge?

Obviously. I suppose I should have said "I AM CURRENTLY CRAMMING MY HEAD FULL OF THE VERBAL LANGUAGE!" I really dont see the need to split hairs on this. I've thought long and hard about what it would be like to not be able to read even a sign for an internet cafe, menus, etc.

However, I feel that the ability to communicate with the people in Japan would be just a bit more important than the ability to read in Japan. Are they both vital? Of course. Are they both language? Naturally.

It's worse than you think. People have done this, but once caught, they are deported, fined, incarcerated, and blacklisted for 5-10 years from ever returning here. More than a mere "flaw".

Yes, I have already done research on the "downsides" (you would call it the penalities or punishments) of staying in Japan illegally. When I made my statement, I didnt mean work illegally in factories, hoping not to get caught. I was more referring to (since we are having such a hard time communicating, I might as well spill) making enough -CRIMINAL- contacts to -KEEP ME IN THE COUNTRY-.

Don't delude yourself.

You have a different vision of living in Japan than I do. My problems technically wouldnt be from having or not having a job, as even if I had to work as a dip (pickpocket), I could find -someway- to make money to live off of.

Once again, my problems, and accompanying anxiety comes from the Visa issue. Making money is one thing, but getting deported is another. The latter cant be avoided without the proper contacts and/or legal channels.

In other words - a job is based on talent. A visa is based off of laws that no one can control.

Your problems are more deep-seated. See above remarks about lack of degree and experience, and add to that a bucketful of nonsensical thinking and lack of ambition.

I agree with you about the lack of a degree and experience. However, lack of KNOWLEDGE about a certain topic doesnt really equal nonsensical thinking.

For instance, I didnt know about the scrutiny that foreigners recieve when marrying a Japanese, so the avenue of a sham marriage wasnt unrealistic, just misinformed.

've already pointed out a couple of ways to have that long stay -- cultural visa and student visa. Pooh-pooh what it takes to get them, if you like, but right now, those and SOFA are your only options, my friend.

Only standard options. See above.

Friends don't make you eligible for visas. Degrees or experience does.

This is the statement I'm having the most problem with. Without flaming, I have to say that either you are naive, or just "By-The-Book". Connections are -everything-. If your statement is true, then there wouldnt be so many fraudulent foreign women in Japan on "Entertainer" Visas that serve as prostitutes. I think I've made my case on this.

Obviously, I'm not arguing that degrees and experience also makes a person eligible for visas.

So, answer my simple question. How old are you?

I'll be 24 in June.

Why? You have never been here, right? Pay a visit first (as long as possible, because being a tourist is nothing like being a resident).

I agree. I just have a tendancy to overthink things. I will make a "tour" before deciding if its feasible for me to stay in Japan. I'll gather some money together, get a cheap place, and spend close to the 90 day period trying to make as many contacts as possible.

No, you are not. You are NOT willing to "do anything", as has been painfully pointed out several times here.

Obviously I'm willing to risk deportation/imprisonment/fines/etc.

Get a degree or experience, or see if SOFA has something for you (now or in the near future). Those are your ONLY viable options.

I've replied to this previously.

BTW, to all readers and moderators, I apologize for my tone, but I think it is blatantly obvious why I responded like I did. Kruniac is either seriously out in left field with reality or is a troll. If it is the former option, I've seen plenty like him, and this thread needs to be closed. Such people whine about (essentially) loopholes to let them in the system, then complain when they are told there are none (or that they are unwilling to take the ones offered). If K is a troll, I leave it to the moderators to do the obvious thing.

I dont consider myself out in left field with reality, which is why I'm exploring every legal and illegal road into Japan to make a life. I want to have information on every single option imaginable, so I can assess which would have the highest chance of success.

I am not a troll. I am being totally serious in my inquiries, and I want to thank everyone for -not- flaming the living crap out of me, thinking I'm just trolling.

However, I do have to say that you specifically ignore illegal channels to obtain a visa/live in Japan. That doesnt mean the loopholes dont exist, it just means you dont know/talk about them. That would be fine, except you are assuming or taking the stance that since you dont know/talk about them, they simply... arent... there, and try to enforce this opinion on others.

Some of the things you have proposed, without even really knowing what you proposed like the fraud marriage, or getting smuggled into Japan but the problem would arise when you get stopped by police and asked for your alien registration card.

I knew what I was proposing by the fraud marriage - I just didnt know the scrutiny such a union would bring. It is a realistic option, but much more difficult than I imagined (due to lack of knowledge on the subject, which I now have thanks to you guys.

Also, I've said many times that I am aware of the downside to any sort of illegal entry into Japan. One stop by the cops for the Gaijin card, and I'm done. That isnt realistic. I aknowledged the problem.

Anyway.. Aside from some slightly biased views of some of my options, I've been getting valuble information on my problem. I'll keep searching through all manners of channels, however. Once I'm satisfied that my options have been clearly (as clearly as they can be) laid out, I'll make a decision.

It appears that the OP thinks he can get away with anything. Our respected members have already provided all the information we have to offer.

Case closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom