What's new

job in Japan?

beastiebacon

後輩
18 Oct 2003
As an American with an unfinished degree, how can I get a job in Japan? I really wanna live there, but I really hate school and don't wanna finish!

Well...Even though a degree isn't required for some jobs in Japan, you'll still need one to get a working Visa. So all I can suggest is you go get that degree finished or (if you're not an American) look into a WHV, I don't know if those requires a degree or not. But don't do anything illegal, it's not worth it...And if you get caught you'll be prohibited from entering a Japan until you're well past your prime..

Good luck! I know two people who work in japan and they both had to have degrees. One teaches english. I've also read that you have to "demonstrate" that you can afford to live in Japan. i'm not saying your poor, but it's not the U.S.! No free money!!

Read this for more info:
404 - Page Not Found

Originally posted by futureproof
it's not the U.S.! No free money!!

wow I should really move to America :p

beastiebacon, places like NOVA (English teaching organisation) accept people without degrees and can arrange for a work visa. I've never worked for them, but I've heard good and bad.
Perhaps come on a visitors visa (Americans can get those?) and have a look at your options.

yeah americans can get a visitors visa. i really wish the INS would make a deal with japan, australia, canada and the rest for working holiday visas. it would make things alot easier for those of us who want to travel but are short of funds.

isn't there anything else except from teaching jobs. because that's all i see and hear people go over japan to do.

Originally posted by Timothy
isn't there anything else except from teaching jobs. because that's all i see and hear people go over japan to do.

lol ditto , i bet it is beacuse the japanese are so smart at science, history and absoulety evyerthing, only thing they are not good at is English i guess !

You could work for a company here in the states and go over in their international devision. I work at Visteon and have 2 friends that are over there that went because of their jobs.

Back
Top Bottom