What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

JLPT Questions

Lestat84

Future Expatriate
Reaction score
I'm just beginning to teach myself Japanese. I want to know what level of the JLPT is a reasonable expectation for me to take, moving at a moderate pace. The next test is in December. What do you guys think?

KiaiFighter

後輩
Reaction score
If you just started, I wouldn't expect anything higher than N5 in such a short time.

Starbucks

Kouhai
Reaction score
I'm just beginning to teach myself Japanese. I want to know what level of the JLPT is a reasonable expectation for me to take, moving at a moderate pace. The next test is in December. What do you guys think?

漢字検定10と9級 This one is even easier than N5. But in reality, JLPT test scores below N2 are of no use. Rather than thinking about taking tests, just focus on studying the language at this point and immerse yourself.

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Reaction score
漢字検定10と9級 This one is even easier than N5. But in reality, JLPT test scores below N2 are of no use. Rather than thinking about taking tests, just focus on studying the language at this point and immerse yourself.

Sadly, we haven't seen the OP in over a year (and this thread died four years ago, by the way). I wonder what happened to him and if he has continued his studies.

Top Bottom