What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

JASSO Scholarship

Myriea

後輩
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
🙂

I'm new around here and I thought I'd get this quick question off my chest. Hopefully there'd be someone on this forum that'd be able to answer this.

I will be going to Japan next fall to study for a year as an exchange student. But I was just wondering in regards to the JASSO scholarship, which universities typically gets offered spots? Or more specifically, does Kwansei Gakuin University have any spots?

Also if anyone know any other scholarships offered from the university, please do reply!

Thanks in advance!
:)

Emoni

先輩
Reaction score
Waseda University and Yokohama National University I know are. I got selected for JASSO for both. I turned it down during my time at Waseda since I had other scholarships that added up to more, then got it for Yokohama the next year.

Sami_jane

後輩
Reaction score
Usually it will say on the website somewhere if they do. Also I dont know if all schools are like this but, I applied to Kansai Gaidai and when I went to look up the JASSO scholarship they said that I could only get information about it if I went through my study abroad advisor. Of course I couldnt apply for it because I can only afford a semester as it is and if i didnt get it then I wouldnt be able to go for a year and you have to have already applied to stay for a year. But taht shouldnt be a problem for you. I know that requirements other than that are that you have to have a strong background in Japanese and a really good GPA. If i were you though I would go and ask your study abroad counselor because more than likely you will have to go through them to even apply in the first place.

Top Bottom