What's new

JASSO and Toyofuku scholarships

betogp1

後輩
27 Sep 2006
hi everyone

i plan to go as an exchange student for one year to sophia university, and i wanted to know some more details of these two scholarships.

for the first one, jasso, i know they give 150,000 yen at the beginning and then 80,000 yen monthly. my question is, does this scholarship also covers the institution fees and all that? or is that on my own?

the second scholarship is the toyofuku. All i know is that is exclusive to mexicans...and that's it. Does anybody has more details of this scholarship?

thanks in advance!

As far as I know, the JASSO scholarship does not cover any tuition or fees.
I received one a few years ago and got a plane ticket to/from Japan, an arrival allowance (25,000 yen) and 80,000 yen per month.

I'm afraid I can't help you with the Toyofuku, I know nothing about that one.

Hope I've at least been of some help!

db

thanks for your help, very appreciated!

anyway, today i discovered something new about the toyofuku scholarship. It is offered only by sophia university to mexicans.

Why? there's a really funny story behind it. It happened that some time ago, a japanese business man forgot his passport at a taxi in mexico. The taxi driver kindly took the passport to the japan embassy and so it was recovered by the japanese (who's name is toyofuku, hence the name of the scholarship).

So, to thank the kindness of the taxi driver, Toyofuku proposed Sophia university to create a new scholarship exclusively for mexicans.

Now, this scholarship is a lot more attractive than the Jasso. The scholarship provides recipients with 180,000 yen per month to cover living expenses and travel within Japan, as well as 400,000 yen for the return journey to Mexico.... wow!

i'd tell you the source of this, but seems like a don't have rights to post URL's...

if anyone knows more details about this scholarship, please share it with me!

thanks!

Back
Top Bottom