What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Japan's SHAME CULTURE

caster51

Sempai
Reaction score
ricecake said:
Can you please translate romanized Japanese to English ?
it means "I made a trouble to you "
to say sorry is easy for japanese
in case of japanese invasion, the apology to china was used more sincere in japanese way.
they never know that..

ricecake

先輩
Reaction score
caster51 said:
it means "I made a trouble to you "
to say sorry is easy for japanese
in case of japanese invasion, the apology to china was used more sincere in japanese way.
they never know that..

Well ... what I've heard from a few Japan-expert Chinese in TV news interviews who have some understanding of Japanese cultural characteristics,Japanese have OWN DEFINITION OF APOLOGY which is " alien " to Chinese and Koreans' mindset.

Plain apology is meaningless words in Japanese culture,a SINCERE APOLOGY in real sense is .... I don't know how to interpret it in English since I didn't fully grasp their explanation of it.

Anyway,I avoided the subject of " WW 2 " during those several months I befriended a foreigner exchanged Japanese student Noriko Aoki many years ago.She volunteerily brought it up in one casual conversation,I dodged it and immediately changed the subject to a fun topic.Because it could only lead to social discomfort for both of us.She was a younger Japanese person need not to feel " personal guilt " on behalf of other fellow Japanese conducts.

retrodisease

retrodisease
Reaction score
ummmm, i like pda and nudity and sometimes scream vagina really loud at passing cars.
i have little shame and no guilt why live if your going to feel bad for living

caster51

Sempai
Reaction score
Consideration related with it and cultural problem
shame cultuer means" Culture formed by fearing shame"
that is , I think "Culture that assumes beauty to be code of conduct"
saying that "Shame" is "The disgraceful behavior is exposed. "
The Japanese whose "Beauty" is a code of conduct fears shame exposing the coming off from "Beauty" like The westerner fears touch to der Zorn Gottes and obtaining the guilt.
moreover Beauty" that the Japanese thinks about is not simple "Beauty" of richly-colored and is not comprehensible. the dignity falls only by it.
Japanese "beauty" is complex and vague in profundity.
The standard is a mystery that surpasses even understanding of the Japanese at time.
However, the Japanese tries also to understand its mystery as "Beauty".
The United States code of conduct might be a "justice."
How about chinese? I dont know
The korean peoples who cry out loud as a manners at the funeral are seen well in South Korea.
However, the Japanese finds beauty to the appearance to endure sadness and to bear shedding tears.

The Japanese thinks it is beautiful that they bite own lip and control himself though the Japanese wants also to cry loudly if an intimate person is lost.

A code of conduct near worship to this ツ【 beauty ツ】 transcends even good and
evil at time And, the standard of the ツ【 beauty ツ】 is indeed slight(bimyo) and vague.
there is a thing that seems to be ugly at this moment now ,often change to judge it as beauty at the next moment
the Japanese it thinks that it often has a considerably difficult, stifling time for that.
BTW
I think that it is South Korean's code of conduct ツ【 emotion or passion ツ】.
I think that Japanese and South Korean's discrepancies often come into view.
The South Korean acts based on ツ湘ョツ(emotion or passionツ ツ?ツ) .
The beauty and ugliness comes later.
On the other hand, it acts for the Japanese based on the sense of beauty.
ツ湘ョツ comes later.
Everything is said, "It is shameful" and the action not based on it is
criticized.
I think that the South Korean is easier if it says which is easy.😌
They do not care and are overjoyed in case of gladness.
It cries until vomiting and they grieve if they are sad..........
If the South Korean is praised by them somewhere in the world even a little, they boast and make it like his having been admired.
On the other hand, the Japanese is tight ,uneasy and formal
Even if it is glad or sad, it is controlled.
The Japanese must not lose oneself even if angry.
It is necessary to take care with so as not to disarrange surrounding air even
if they are happy.
If the Japanese is praised somewhere in the world even a little, it is glad as
the Japanese.
However, the Japanese think that they mustツ not ruin the reputation and feel tight,stiff ,uneasy and formal .
This code of conduct ツ【 beauty ツ】 has a lot ofツ crack that other party take advantage easily.
It is necessary that it must treat other party who barks as having gone mad by sightly manners(窶氾ァツ)ツ。It becomes a stress.
The person who has experienced the complaint procedure by business will
understand.
How easy is it if it is possible to bark according to the other party?

gaijinalways

puzzled gaijin
Reaction score
Unfortunately, recently some Japanese seem to have forgotten this concept and have become pretty shameless [email protected] in public, with nary an apology. Then again, I know some Westerners who seem to have been raised in a saloon or just have no concept of when things are appropriate. Then again, maybe they are naive (or I am:p).

Top Bottom