What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Japan's mars mission

infinitijapan

Kouhai
Joined
27 Jul 2003
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
hello i was wondering about japans mars mission i have read many things about japan trying to make it to japan but i have heard that there space programs money is gettin lower and lower and things arent looking good.
also who do u think will win the sapce race to mars?
i hope that japan would win but the USA has a strong space program...
:sick: sayonara :)
 

Erik

Sempai
Joined
5 Feb 2003
Messages
377
Reaction score
7
Originally posted by infinitijapan
hello i was wondering about japans mars mission i have read many things about japan trying to make it to japan but i have heard that there space programs money is gettin lower and lower and things arent looking good.
also who do u think will win the sapce race to mars?
i hope that japan would win but the USA has a strong space program...
:sick: sayonara :)

Commercially, there is probably more interest in the X-Prize than going to mars right now.
 

Mandylion

Omnipotence personified
Contributor
Joined
15 Mar 2003
Messages
1,145
Reaction score
44
Talk in congress is for rolling back funding for NASA too, so the long-term goals of putting someone on Mars might be scaled back too. NASA still gets a big amount of cash and stands in the best position to win a race to Mars unless some other country decides to throw back to the 1960's US moon policy. The way ot stands now, China seems to have a more aggressive space program than Japan. The world economy is in such bad shape now that other problems will come way ahead of Mars.
 

Erik

Sempai
Joined
5 Feb 2003
Messages
377
Reaction score
7
Originally posted by Mandylion
Talk in congress is for rolling back funding for NASA too, so the long-term goals of putting someone on Mars might be scaled back too. NASA still gets a big amount of cash and stands in the best position to win a race to Mars unless some other country decides to throw back to the 1960's US moon policy. The way ot stands now, China seems to have a more aggressive space program than Japan. The world economy is in such bad shape now that other problems will come way ahead of Mars.

Looks like China and India will do the next space race. But China is clearly in the lead right now.
 

Uncle Frank

SECURITY
Admin
Joined
21 May 2003
Messages
11,310
Reaction score
1,256
Kamakazie taxi!

The way they talk on the news about mars being so close to the earth you can see it with cheap binocs; you could probably find a Japanese taxi cab that could get up enough speed to make it to Mars!
 

alexi32

Kouhai
Joined
29 Aug 2003
Messages
69
Reaction score
0
Hey, like if Japan was to space race it, they could speed up the pacific rim arms race, and that ain't funny!

I think it is part of japans postwar agreement not to develop long-range missiles. Or space ones, but it is okay for the crazy North Koreans to test all the missiles they like!
 

infinitijapan

Kouhai
Joined
27 Jul 2003
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
how would japans space programs do that?u make no sense
all i hear from you is blah blah blah north korea blah blah blah japan?:mad:
 

serewen

Sempai
Joined
5 Sep 2003
Messages
152
Reaction score
0
Hehe, although failed in space test, It would give an experience.
 

Kikuchiyo

Kouhai
Joined
13 Mar 2003
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by infinitijapan
how would japans space programs do that?u make no sense
all i hear from you is blah blah blah north korea blah blah blah japan?:mad:

Have you heard of Sputnik? Do you know what the Americans thought its first purpose was for?

You have a paranoid leader like Kim Jong Il, and its possible the result could be worse then the cold war.
 
Top Bottom