What's new

Japan's economic defense! good or not?!

krizzle

dEviAnt wiTcH
4 Feb 2005
Back in Dec 2004, I've heard rumors already that japan's planning to reduce the numbers of filipino (and other nationalities) entertainers in japan. I was watching the news earlier and this topic caught my attention. i heard that this plan of reducing entertainers' gonna start on MArch2005. I think japan is under pressure from the US because of the prevalent human trafficking. I do remember that Japan's PM Junichiro Koizumi is an ally of the US ,which i guess explains their decision. I don't know if its good or not?! Because certainly that would mean scores of jobless people in the Philippines and other countries affected or probably scores of people that would be saved from harm (human trafficking)...

My pov: I know that Japan's defense is an economic move. they just would not want to accept everybody now that they are starting to open up. everyone has to be filtered. they may have the plan of reducing the number of entertainers but there are rumors that they'll be welcoming healthcare workers (and under negotiations are other areas of manpower services.)

btw, most of us has this silly misconception of connoting "entertainers" as "indecent gro's". some might be crossing the line but there are still people who are purely entertainers. there's no blaming here since what catches our attention are news about failures, distress and negative plights of these people...

Need you POVs. i wanna know if you think this id good or not.... 👍

krizzle said:
btw, most of us has this silly misconception of connoting "entertainers" as "indecent gro's".
Indecent "gro's" ?

krizzle said:
Back in Dec 2004, I've heard rumors already that japan's planning to reduce the numbers of filipino (and other nationalities) entertainers in japan. [...] I think japan is under pressure from the US because of the prevalent human trafficking.

Well I'm dead against human trafficking (which does exist, and not just in Japan by any means) but all for immigration of those being persecuted and those that intend to and have the qualifications to work in the country they want to move in to.

The thing many people miss about so called 'economic immigration' is that it can very often be shown to be good for the economy of the country they are moving into.

The big problem is illegal immigration. Not because it is illegal immigration but because it is illegal immigration.

It is those who are here* illegally, who often end up involved in illegal activities and / or for slave wages and often in very dangerous situations.

You also have the bloody stupid situation where (in the UK at least) a woman or underage girl found to have been forced into prostitution after being smuggled into the country is often shoved out the country so fast that she isn't able to act as a witness against those who have been abusing her.

* in the UK, or there in Japan.

Back
Top Bottom