What's new

Japan's basketball star Yuta Tabuse,waived by the Denver Nuggets

Dream Time

後輩
20 Jul 2003
October 23rd,2003

Denver Nuggets waived Japanese point guard Yuta Tabuse

too bad,the Nuggets has enough point guards,although Yuta Tabuse showed his abilities during the pre-season games,last year when he tried out for the Dallas Mavericks,assistant coach Donnie Nelson said he was damn good,very quick,passes well and makes everyone better

I am quite disappointed that he didn't make it

I was hoping that he would make it,and it would tell everyone that Asians who are average in height could play basketball well too,and make it to the NBA (because most NBA Asian players are tall,such as Yao Ming,it is kinda like telling other people Asians can't make it to the NBA if they are not 7 foot tall),but now....

he is shorter than me actually,the official number said he is 175 cm,
but Donnie Nelson said he is around 168cm

yuta_tabuse-1.jpg

Position: G
Born: 10/05/80
Height: 5-9 / 1,75
Weight: 165 lbs. / 74,8 kg.
College: BYU-Hawaii '02

an article about him,in EnglishASP Test Page

"His star status began in high school, where he averaged 20 points, 10 assists and four steals a game as a senior. He led Noshiro Kogyo High School to three straight national titles."

and then he played for the BYU Hawaii team in NCAA

Aw shucks. I heard about this guy. It amazed me that he was only 5'9". *lol* This guy can represent Hawaii if he makes it on a team.

no he is actually 5'8" , or 5'7"

the official number says he is 175cm
but he is around 168cm

he still has a chance, you guys...

Where I'm from, Long Beach, Yuta is now playing for the Long Beach Jam of the American Basketball Association (ABA). He plays with players who are trying to get back into the NBA, including...Dennis Rodman! 😄

Here's the website of the Long Beach Jam.

I saw him in action tonight...he's very high-flying! Even made a buzzer beater at the end of the first quarter in Long Beach against the Fresno HeatWave! 😄 Yuta-kun's so remarkable.

Yaho~~ Keiichi! ;) 🙂

The ABA is a resurrection of the former ABA, in which they had the red, white and blue basketballs, and a wide-open style of play. It's high-scoring, and full of fun. To get to see a player like Dennis Rodman play in my hometown in spite of his hedonistic shortcomings is awesome in its own right.

I mean, it beats seeing the Lakers get killed by Sacramento at ARCO Arena... :eek: big time. 😊

Originally posted by Dream Time
Dennis Rodman is looking to sign with an NBA team in February

Well, if he's going to come right back, he's gotta score some points, and be more multi-dimensional. He can't just be a rebounder, and that's it. He has to score points, get to the basket, get some offensive rebounding...once he gets into game shape by mid-February, some NBA teams will definitely want him. :)

Just hope that he doesn't act uber-stupid in the NBA again... :eek:

I wasn't familiar with Yuta before. Thnx for the heads-up. Re: Rodman... no comment, lol. Sometimes people should just stay retired imho. Might be interesting to see how he would fare head-to-head against say... Ben Wallace though (or someone like that).
:)

Originally posted by Iron Chef
I wasn't familiar with Yuta before. Thnx for the heads-up. Re: Rodman... no comment, lol. Sometimes people should just stay retired imho. Might be interesting to see how he would fare head-to-head against say... Ben Wallace though (or someone like that).
:)

Well, that counted as a comment...😊

Here's the thing: Rodman gave up the ecstasy parties, the marketing, all that junk. He quit smoking and drinking, and is now teaching the players the tricks of the NBA trade. I saw the game last night and in one rebound, one of the smaller Fresno players way trying to take the ball away from him, and he shooed him away...course in the NBA, that would be a technical today, but they're not as loose as the ABA.

Again, the ABA players play basketball because they love it. The NBA's players only play for the money. There's a problem there. I'll leave it to you figure that out.

But D-Rod now makes a good mentor, and we could see him play 2 or 3 more years, before he retires ceremoniously...without Madonna or any related "hos." ;)

Back
Top Bottom