Japanese Yayoi DNA linked to China's Yangtze River area

uygurlar

後輩
24 Dec 2003
Yayoi linked to Yangtze area

The Japan Times, March 19, 1999

Yayoi linked to Yangtze area
DNA tests reveal similarities to early wet-rice farmers

Some of the first wet-rice farmers in Japan might have migrated from the lower basin of China's Yangtze River more than 2,000 years ago, Japanese and Chinese researchers said Thursday.

This was suggested by DNA tests conducted by the researchers that showed genetic similarities between human remains from the Yayoi Period found in southwestern Japan and the early Han Dynasty found in China's central Jiangsu Province, Satoshi Yamaguchi told reporters.

People who introduced irrigation techniques to the Japanese archipelago in the Yayoi Period (250 B.C.-300) were believed to have come to Japan either from the Korean Peninsula across the Tsushima Strait, or from northern China across the Yellow Sea.

The latest findings, however, bolster another theory suggesting the origin of the Yayoi people was an area south of the Yangtze, which is believed to be the birthplace of irrigated rice cultivation.

Yamaguchi, a researcher at Japan's National Science Museum, said the researchers compared Yayoi remains found in Yamaguchi and Fukuoka prefectures with those from early Han (202 B.C.- in Jiangsu in a three-year project begun in 1996.

The researchers found many similarities between the skulls and limbs of Yayoi people and the Jiangsu remains.

Two Jiangsu skulls showed spots where the front teeth had been pulled, a practice common in Japan in the Yayoi and preceding Jomon Period.
But the most persuasive findings resulted from tests revealing that genetic samples from three of 36 Jiangsu skeletons also matched part of the DNA base arrangements of samples from the Yayoi remains, the scientists said

There is a psychosis in Japan amongst Japanese that they are from the grand Mongols and Turks. But, DNA don't lie. Yayoi DNA is from the source (East China). This finding should not contradict very much the legend of China's first emperor (Qin Shi Huangdi) sending 8000 boys and girls to retrieve the elixir of youth potion under command of Xu Fu (Jofuku in Japanese legends). The coincidence is that during his departure from China was the sudden appearance of Yayoi civiliation in Japan (circa 300-200 BCs).

Originally posted by uygurlar
This finding should not contradict very much the legend of China's first emperor (Qin Shi Huangdi) sending 8000 boys and girls to retrieve the elixir of youth potion under command of Xu Fu (Jofuku in Japanese legends). The coincidence is that during his departure from China was the sudden appearance of Yayoi civiliation in Japan (circa 300-200 BCs).

wow! very interesting.

Originally posted by jim83
I believe there is no gene relation of china and japan.
ahh, well the japanese had to come from somewhere.

Mitochondria DNA

Although I am certainly no expert my research has shown me that ALL Asian and the very ancient original people of western North America, Central and South America (The original 7 families from the great tower according to Tezozomoc and Veytia), share the same root which will lead you back to the Altai Mongolian (Children Of Japeth) who are "considered as the melting pot for human expansion" According to the Aztec this first migration took place in about 2400 BC, arriving by SEA landing on the west coast near southern California, they are the first people upon the land of the Americas.

There is a second Migration according to the Aztec which is from another people who is said came from across the sea from the east, these people arriving on the east coast of North America and another in the gulf near the Mouth of the Mississippi, in about 600 BC, they have been known as the Allegwi by the Lenape who are my ancestors and they are known more recently as the Mound Builders, Adena, Hopewell and Anasazi, they carried the Haplo group X DNA or European, more specifically traced to the area of Israel. By about 700-1100 AD these two groups had long since intermixed and are today's Aztec or modern Mexican and some western tribes.

Last edited:
The general impression i have always gotten is that the current Japanese population was largely founded on Chinese & Korean immigrants (obviously with a mix of other Asian nations too). The only truly indigenous people to Japan are the Ainu (they are often referred to as "Japanese Aborigines"), but are an ethnic minority group now that only numbers a couple of tens of thousands of people (they have suffered persecution from the "Japanese" for centuries).

Interesting, they look like a bunch of Navajo Indians. When the Spanish arrived in the 1500's, Northern Arizona,
The Indians had beards....
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d7/AinuGroup.JPG/800px-AinuGroup.JPG

The general impression i have always gotten is that the current Japanese population was largely founded on Chinese & Korean immigrants

it is opposite because of Y chromosome D2

Jomon ppl's population was less than 100,000 in japan
if there were large immigrants , D2 would be disapeared
those immigrants were not many..

Back
Top Bottom