What's new

Japanese writing on meat warning labels

GoldCoinLover

後輩
24 May 2004
Well, let me start by saying I love japanese. It's such a great language. Recently I watched a pearl harbor documentary just to hear them speak japanese. I hope to go to japan soon (When I graduate from high school) but I need a guide. I hope to meet someone on these forums to help me, because I want to go to tokyo and I don't know enough japanese yet.

Now what I wanted to say is whats with the japanese on meat. If you buy beef jerky in the united states, it has japanese on it above the english label. However, I assumed the japanese and english labels were the same, but the japanese label always says "kudasai" in the end. Whats with this? The english one does not say this. Whats with everything saying kudasai in japanese? Has anyone else seen this japanese writing on beef jerky? Could they tell me what it says?

Thanks

Personally, I've never seen a package of beef jerky with Japanese writing on it, but "kudasai" means please.

You see many sentences end with "kudasai", and there is usually some writing on Japanese products. Sometimes they are directions for cooking.

misa.j said:
Personally, I've never seen a package of beef jerky with Japanese writing on it, but "kudasai" means please.

You see many sentences end with "kudasai", and there is usually some writing on Japanese products. Sometimes they are directions for cooking.

Ok, I'll buy some and take a picture of it. All beef jerky I buy in the US has this japanese writing on the back. Look on the back of the package, near the bottom. The english verison just says its been made with certified cattle.

Yeah, all the beef jerky I see has Japanese writing on it. I bought some not long ago that had Japanese on it. I don't know why that is, though.

My guess would be that the maker also sells the product in Japan and doesn't find it economical to have the packaging made in two different versions.

Back
Top Bottom