What's new

Japanese web sites, for children?

yukio_michael

後輩
8 Mar 2005
I'm reading and practicing a lot of kanji lately, mostly in the context of the words they happen to be in on various web sites. This can be good and bad, on sites like CNN Japan you get a good deal of kanji, much more kanji than people write to me in Japanese in emails, or anywhere else for that matter.

On blogs, and websites like that, the Japanese is often full of cultural net-slang, or different ways of formating the kana that make it difficult at first to figure out what is being said... (It seems there is a big trend at least for some people, to use diminutive kana which doesn't get picked up by reading tools etc...)...

Does anyone know any good sites that have stories or text written for younger people. "Younger People" is my age group when it comes to reading Japanese... while I was in Japan, I read childrens books... I'll save "Tale of the Genji" for last I suppose, but until then, it's books written at a lower level.

Thanks, I posted this here as many people may know some good sites, not just those participating in the Language forum.

Back
Top Bottom