What's new

Japanese TV

Emoni

先輩
20 Sep 2003
Japanese TV Viewing Website

Here is the deal. A friend from Japan told me about a site www.gyao.jp that has Japanese TV shows on it. He mentioned it would be good for practice, and from the looks of it he is right.
However... even after downloading the Japanese version of media player, I am blocked from watching anything due to "not being in the country."
This is a shot in the dark, but I don't suppose anyone might have a clue or know how to get around this little snag. I'm guessing this is one of those "use another site as a proxy" trick situations but I don't usually do this sort of thing.

Last edited:
Its no so much using another site as a proxy, but using a proxy server.

When you use a proxy server by putting the proxy server address in your browser (say Internet Explorer), when you connect to websites it connects through the proxy server, making it look like you are using the internet from the proxy server.

If the proxy happens to be in Japan, then the site thinks you are connecting from Japan. So its just a matter of finding a proxy server, connecting, and using the internet. Just be wary as some proxy servers are provided for use by only certain people (such as an internet provider having a proxy just for its users etc).

For finding proxy servers, www.google.com ;)

Thanks Ewok. It seems thought that all the Japan proxies that are free and open are ungodly slow and just won't work for media. It was worth a shot though.

Back
Top Bottom