What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Japanese swords

• Admin

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score

Malaika

Chibi Chibi
Reaction score
That's a interesting sword, uhmmm is it shown in pieces? or like how it looks like before it is made into a sword?

anyways I have a friend who has a wooden sword and a real sword, but it isn't sharpened.

Though it is illegal to have a sword? do you have to have a permit or something like that?

I mean I want a nice kodachi and a katana(?) oh and also a wooden sword, I think those are very nice.

Malaika

Chibi Chibi
Reaction score
gokarosama said:
http://members5.boardhost.com/Nihon-To/

It is perfectly legal to own a sword, if it is registered in your name. Like a gun in the US. The picture above is simply a bare blade with its shirasaya and koshirae (respective mountings for storage and display.)
oh okay, well I have another question, what happens if like I am giving a sword as a gift?

I mean do I go and get it registered under my name as soon as I am given it?

because my friend said that he was going to make me a "real" sword, and I know that it takes alot of "hard" work to make a sword, but anyways he is going to make me one. :)

ironron

後輩
Reaction score
I bought my firsrt japanese sword. a shin gunto in 1964. for 9 pounds english money.
Wish i still had it.!!

AroundTheWorld

Devourer of Souls
Reaction score
In my opinion, the nihonto is the most beautiful type of artwork to come out of Japan, and my favorite style of art.

Emoni

先輩
Reaction score
Nice thread with some decent information here. At first I thought it was going to be one of those "I want to walk through Japan with a Katana!" threads again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom