What's new

Japanese sexuality compare with European sexuality (in history).

Kaworu

後輩
26 Nov 2003
I don't want to write much because topic is very simple for me but I'm very curious about answers.
As I know and see Japanese culture is like a freedom for all kind of sex compare Japan with Europe. And as I know it isn't sth new in Japan but it results from history and culture.
In Europe lived only one man who really studied and reach the bottom of man sexuality, thereby he declared that basis of all human creature are LUST and carnality. This man was D.A.F. de Sade - Franch writer and philosopher. Freud said sth similiar 100 years later. Man is born and first what he can do and what he knows is his sexuality and lust. But he doesn't has time to understand his real nature because society learns him and "clab him in irons". He must be citizen ,not animal. De Sade wrote that man can understand his true Nature and live with sexuality freedom. Thereby he is above most of the citizens or just people.
To understand him and his writings man must read many books and think. But it isn't what I want to ask.

I'm curious about one think: do de Sade had any influence on Japanese culture? If not - how it can be that Japanese discovered many aspects of own sexuality just like de Sade did?

Kaworu Nagisa

P.S. First of all I would be very happy if Japanese answer :).
But any answer can be a step further to the solution :).

😊 Well I happen to like the Marquis view and according to my psychologist I'm sadomasochistic and it's all his fault, but otherwise...

My best friend is over-sexed in my opinion. Perhaps it's from the different view of sex in Japan. According to him his father is bi, his grandfather is bi and he can't account for what the rest of his family was doing before that. It's a blush blush situation but he is way more open about it than I would be. But his sister is very different. She doesn't talk about things like sex or orientation even to her own sexual partners. Unless it's about a popstar with a group of giggling and blushing girls. :p

That's interesting but I still don't know anything of Japanese and Japan history or culture :(.

Sincerely ,I'm not happy that you're sadomasochist because it isn't "normal". Normal is that you can imagine that you're sb like that but virtue is better than flesh desires :). Apart from all pleasure that my body can gives :D, haHAhaHAha.

Slow Down ,God will never hear you :D.

😊 Cool it sweety, I'm still delightfully a virgin, the sado thing was just joke referring to the de Sade, who would love the idea of me being a corrupt little girl. No lolita, I swear it. 🙇‍♂️ 🙇‍♂️ as for the rest, it's just thats a view I've gotten from listening to my japanese friend.

My roaring is overwhelming right now :angryfire .

"If you're a virgin buy yourself a boyfriend!" - TV commercial 👏

;)

Last edited:
Wow, a rated topic. 😊

My contribution to this discussion will be this link, Gender and sexuality in Japanese Anime , since I'm not Japanese nor I pretend to have a deep understandment of its society.

As for de Sade's influence in the Western Sexuality, I would say that compared with Christianity, he was a choir boy. But that's debatable.

😄

Originally posted by lineartube
Wow, a rated topic. 😊

My contribution to this discussion will be this link, Gender and sexuality in Japanese Anime , since I'm not Japanese nor I pretend to have a deep understandment of its society.

As for de Sade's influence in the Western Sexuality, I would say that compared with Christianity, he was a choir boy. But that's debatable.

😄

Boa noite ,menino! :) [You aren't a girl ,right?]
Falo ingles mas falo um pouco portugues :).

And about D.A.F. de Sade: he wasn't pure ,cute ,little boy 🍜 .

It's more like "senhor" or "vocテェ". I'm not "menino" since primary school. :)

And my comment regarding Sade was a sarcasm ,towards him though, not you.

Oh, and welcome to the EU. :D

Originally posted by lineartube
It's more like "senhor" or "vocテェ". I'm not "menino" since primary school. :)

And my comment regarding Sade was a sarcasm ,towards him though, not you.

Oh, and welcome to the EU. :D

First of all - God ,**** the EU! ::]
Sarcasm? Hmmm... don't try it any more ;).

That's weird that I cannot tell to you "menino"... My 34 years old friend don't like when I call him "senhor". I don't know "voce". What does it mean? :)

But thanks for correction 🙂 .

Pessoa wasn't controversial ,too? :D :D

This is getting way off topic, but to set things straight, in Portuguese-Portuguese, "menino" means a male child.

I do know that in the islands (Azores, Madeira), and probably some remote locations, menino might be a sign of deference from someone older to someone younger, but personally, I don't see that term used in that way since XIX century Portuguese literature.

As for 窶忻ocテェ窶? it窶冱 a contraction of the words 窶忻osmecテェ < vossemecテェ窶? Well, it窶冱 like an evolution from a medieval term, which basically means 窶忱ou窶 in English, but perhaps a bit formal. If I were going to be informal, I would say 窶徼u窶?

I said a bit formal, because there are ways of being more formal in the Portuguese language. I窶冦 not a linguist, so this information might be incomplete. But this is how it is used in the current Portuguese society.

I hope I was of help. :)

YES.
Thank you have much but now I want back to the topic. I still don't have answers except one. I'm still curious about it. If someone knows sth ,please write! :)

I will add my 2 pences, and wonder if weather or not it would be the same in Japon...

"A man left to go help in the Crusades and decided that his wife should wear a chastity belt. So he locks her up and gives the key to his best friend. He tells him 'If I'm not back in four years, unlock my wife and set her free to live a normal life.'

So, the husband leaves on horseback and about a half hour later, he sees a cloud of dust behind him. He waits for it to come closer and sees his best friend. 'What's wrong?' he asks. 'You gave me the wrong key.'"

Back
Top Bottom