What's new

Japanese radio Stations

Hina00

後輩
20 Mar 2004
Do any of you know of any jpop radio stations out there, I live in Cali tho
-_-; ^_^ hehe but I've been looking for some but havn't found one yet.
:sing:

We are going to add links to online radios to the practical section of JREF. In the meantime, check those on Maciamo Japan (i.e. my old site :p ). Quite a few free online Japanese radio there.

A Cheap Shortwave Radio From Radioshack...

will pick up Japanese Radio from almost anywhere! For around $40 US you can get a good radio. Usually you don't need a special antenna, just the one on the radio.
Shortwave magazines on the internet can give you the channels & times to listen.

Frank

arigatou-gozaimasu for the info Frank D. White-kun ^_^ and to all of you that replied too ^^ :giggle:

It's kind of cool to have a Japanese radio station here that plays Jpop. It goes on from like 8pm or 10pm to like 4:30 in the morning. I just leave it on softly the whole night. When I wake up in the middle of the night, I hear Jpop. :D :D

Japanese Radio Sations In Japan

How good are Japanese radio stations in Japan ?

In American 20-30 years ago radio stations were a dynamic,
free-for-all of ideas and formats.

Today, radio stations in United States are this monolithic boring,
standardized format.

Their are a few exception but overall radio in America has
as much appeal as eating "Wonder White Bread".

JackInBox said:
How good are Japanese radio stations in Japan ?

In American 20-30 years ago radio stations were a dynamic,
free-for-all of ideas and formats.
Japanese radio stations are like that today. When I turn on the radio, I really never know what I'm gonna get, even if it's a station I often listen to.

What I don't like about Japanese radio is that it seems like they often cut off songs right in the middle for no apparent reason. Also, there is WAY too much talking. And it's not like a funny or amusing talk show, it's always just one person rambling on and on.

Back
Top Bottom