What's new

Japanese Menu

Miko-Kokoro

後輩
21 Oct 2004
Ok, well...My sister adores my Cooking (and I'm only 15) and she wants me to make a cuisines for the Oscars (where a little weird, we got bored last years and decided to put on downs and say we were in them) Now she's inviting a friend over and wants me to make a good Japanese cuisine. Now,do you have any good recipes for me to use? Hard or easy, I can do both! ^^

I've made Tempura before, it is so good. I think..although...I used pre cooked chicken instead of what was asked. I'll try again. Arigato for the site!

Could someone give the menu for the different meals the Japanese eat in a day.

I would be very interested in the traditional menu that the Japanese used to eat and not the modern day menu.

Also I would be very happy if someone can give the details of the tea ceremony and the reason why there is a ceremony instead of drinking the tea as would be done elsewhere in the world.

Thank you.

I'll just post the traditional meals of the day:

Breakfast:

Rice, miso soup, fish, vegetable side dishes, and "mikan" orange (optional).

Lunch:

A bowl of noodles with topping would be commonly eaten for lunch, but hungrier people will go for a set lunch like this:
tab_04-1.jpg

Rice, soup, fried chicken and croquette, and a side dish of tofu (soy bean curd), with pickles

Supper can be anything. But, there's always rice and (miso-based or clear) soup, a main meat/fish dish and a number of vegetable side dishes, as well as pickles (there are various types).

The tea ceremony is explained here:
The Tea Ceremony

Back
Top Bottom