What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

japanese internet forum?

White Rose

後輩
Reaction score
Hey, ive been looking for a japanese speaking forum for ages, but can't find one that is good for practising talking in japanese that isnt completely butchered and full of slang (can anyone say 2 channel 😊).

So i was wondering if anyone here had any good ones?

Alma

nature's sweet success
Reaction score
um.. but whats wrong with nihongo section on this forum? you want something different?

:?

White Rose

後輩
Reaction score
um.. but whats wrong with nihongo section on this forum? you want something different?
:?

the nihongo section of this site is alright but im talking something bigger, something that covers a lot of topics, such as 2 channel. but 2 channel is too much like 4chan.

Mycernius

The Hairy Wookie
Reaction score
I would think any forum, be it Japanese, English or Chinese, will still be full of slang. After all the people who use fora are not all language students. Most fora I have seen or use, use the langauge that is more likely to be used by the everyday person.

White Rose

後輩
Reaction score
I would think any forum, be it Japanese, English or Chinese, will still be full of slang. After all the people who use fora are not all language students. Most fora I have seen or use, use the langauge that is more likely to be used by the everyday person.

its just that a lot of the english forums i visit, people are flamed for not using proper english and grammar. slang words themselves i have no problem with, as i can pick up the words reasonably quickly. the problem comes if its a japanese version of a yahoo chatroom (lol u no wat i men?).

i want have at least a rough understanding of whats going on without needing an almost native proficiency level to start with.

Mycernius

The Hairy Wookie
Reaction score
its just that a lot of the english forums i visit, people are flamed for not using proper english and grammar. slang words themselves i have no problem with, as i can pick up the words reasonably quickly. the problem comes if its a japanese version of a yahoo chatroom (lol u no wat i men?).
Text-speak:)
i want have at least a rough understanding of whats going on without needing an almost native proficiency level to start with.
As far as I can see the only place where you are going to get to use standard Japanese is most likely a forum where the speakers are non-native speakers or people learning the language. I would think in that case the Japanese used would be closer to what you would understand, therefore something like the Nihongo forum is more suited to someone who is learning.
A fourm where the main users are native speakers will use slang, as they would assume that other users have the same language abilities as they do and also understand the cultural subtext. The best way, I can see is to probably start a thread similar to this one.
Kyoko-sans English is very good, but she doesn't always follow English slang. Something similar would help you become more familiar with Japanese slang so you could then participate in the Japanese fora you wish to post in.

White Rose

後輩
Reaction score
Text-speak:)
As far as I can see the only place where you are going to get to use standard Japanese is most likely a forum where the speakers are non-native speakers or people learning the language. I would think in that case the Japanese used would be closer to what you would understand, therefore something like the Nihongo forum is more suited to someone who is learning.
A fourm where the main users are native speakers will use slang, as they would assume that other users have the same language abilities as they do and also understand the cultural subtext. The best way, I can see is to probably start a thread similar to (url).
Kyoko-sans English is very good, but she doesn't always follow English slang. Something similar would help you become more familiar with Japanese slang so you could then participate in the Japanese fora you wish to post in.

Thanks a lot. That was seriously very helpful.

:)

Di sun

後輩
Reaction score
I want to ask. Das enibody knows Japanese English speaking forums abot protection of animals or charity. Please, help.

ericsan

後輩
Reaction score
Does anysite for website review which host by japanese and written in english?

Top Bottom