What's new

Japanese hair dyes

kisu

後輩
4 May 2003
I've had my hair dyed pink several times and it faded really fast (expensive, too!) and someone told me that Japanese dyes are the best for those type of colors. Is there such thing as a totally permanent pink dye there? If so, does anyone know any of any online shops that might carry them? I would really apreciate it. I NEED IT! *desperate* thanks ^^

hmm well when i did my own hair blue i picked up some semi-permanent bleach and dye, since i have darker hair needs to be bleached for the color to show, and also a jar of blue manic panic, the dye lasts about 2 weeks. whenever the color would fade id apply the MP. i had shorter hair then but the jar lasted me over 2 months, it wasnt expensive either.

Starting Now....

all hair dyes in Japan are banned(except black)!! We must return all women to the NATURAL look!

SO SAYS & DECLARES:

Uncle Frank

:D

Bah, humbug! :p
Why don't you go play a little? :devilish:
<shoves Frank with his wheelchair off a cliff>

Starting from now, all Japanese girls must dye their hair! :haihai:
Preferrably using some exciting color (like blue, orange etc.) 👍
Stop that lame boring brown!

So say and declares:
Nephew Lina
:D :D

I had a friend who would get the Manic Panic and color her hair a different color every week. She'd bleach it out first, then dye it, like jeisan said. Her hair looked terrible, though. It was fried! Not very nice to touch. :eek:

well i didnt bleach mine every week, just the first time, used the manic to put the color back in when it faded on its own, bleaching it all the time like that will fry it out hella quick. besides manic panic only lasts like two weeks.

How often did this bleaching occur ? If every week, that must be torture.

have you considered getting it professionally done at a salon? it'd be kinda expensive, but it'd be done right so it wouldn't screw up your hair and the color would last for a while...of course, to get a professional salon that does that you usually have to live in or near a big city.

When I go to Japan just before I leave im gonna dye my hair anime blue and then put a few little bright anime red streaks in it (these will be small and few) and see what reaction i get when I get home to Australia lol!!!

ashuri2 said:
have you considered getting it professionally done at a salon? it'd be kinda expensive, but it'd be done right so it wouldn't screw up your hair and the color would last for a while...of course, to get a professional salon that does that you usually have to live in or near a big city.

I have actually, all three times (once a month). It's expensive and faded in about 7-14 days. The hair was left nice and soft, but as the color faded, so did the soft texture and it was horrible; leaving me with extremely dry peach-colored hair with streaks of orange and light pink. I need something permanent, so I won't have to get it done often and kill my hair (or go bald!)

I had considered Manic Panic before. I assume it will last the same from what I've read here, but I guess it'll be cheaper and I'll be able to do multiple applications without rebleaching.

Thanks for your suggestions. ^_^

Lina Inverse said:
Bah, humbug! :p
Why don't you go play a little? :devilish:
<shoves Frank with his wheelchair off a cliff>

Starting from now, all Japanese girls must dye their hair! :haihai:
Preferrably using some exciting color (like blue, orange etc.) 👍
Stop that lame boring brown!

So say and declares:
Nephew Lina
:D :D
How about some purple lipstick and PURPLE hair. :LOL: