What's new

Japanese Guys

22 Apr 2007
Ive always wanted to go out with a japanese guy i think there so cool yet id be to scared to for starters i can just about say hello in japanese and second there way of life is different lol help me out here how different are japanese guys to english guys ??

this is an astrostart for an astrogood thread, im astrophilippino and i was planning to make also an astrosimilar astrothread! :p

(sorry for the 'astro' but im just in the astromood:p)

Just get along normally as friends first. The link represents a detailed explaination on how to get along with Japanese people XD ^^.

Id Be to scared to be his friend cause id mess it up lol Japanese guys are different to japanese women they think women shouldnt succed in life lol

Well, I kinda feel awkward. Many people do get impressed by Japanese Guys. Urh.

Well, I kinda feel awkward. Many people do get impressed by Japanese Guys. Urh.
In what way? Explain? I've been around many different Japanese males, as friends, as roomates, as husbands to those of mine who are friends... I can't say I was "impressed" any more so, than I'm impressed by the kindness or friendliness of any other of my friends...

Please tell me, exactly what it is that impresses you about Japanese males?

Well, kinda. I met several friends. They were treating me good and highly respecting me just because I m one. That was quite awkward.

How many 14 year olds are mature enough to be doing transglobal dating?

japanese guys are kakkoi. hahahaha. i never met a Japanese person before. I hope to meet one,one day. =)

I know plenty of Japanese guys, and I compare them to guys here in America. Japanese guys are much nicer because they are always so disciplined at young age as Asian custom. They are usually not perverted like the American sometimes are.

Went out today and a group of japanese guys walked past me the youngest was about 16 and he dropped his ball so i piked it up and he said hello to me and started talking i was in heaven ive always wanted to go out with a japanese guy i kinda think there more mature than english guys Well Sometimes lol no offence and is it true that some japanese guys think its not right for girls to succed in life ?? Just asking i dont mean to offend anyone if i do

I have no firsthand experience of young Englishmen around your age, but I have often observed myself and heard it remarked upon by others with firsthand experience how immature Japanese youths are. Not meant as a slam against the OP or the youths involved, just sharing an observation.

(And is "Hitsugi" the "casket" hitsugi? Or something else?)

Im 14 and ive only ever been out with 1 person from asia and places like that it only lasted 3 days thats How nervouse i get lol

I can appreciate that the OP was serious in asking the question. Because although 'people are people', it could be expected (especially if someone hasn't met/talked with many/any people from a particular country) that there might be cultural differences and it's natural to want to be aware of these so as to avoid making horribly embarrassing blunders when meeting with someone from a different country/cultural/background. :)

I have only actually been out with one Japanese guy, who was 13 years older than me and therefore in a totally different generation to the one the OP is talking about, so probably can't offer many helpful comments. 😊

However the most important thing is of course to get to know someone as an individual, regardless of what country, nationality or cultural background they are from. It is best simply to treat the person with respect and politeness and forget about preconceptions of 'what Japanese boys are like', and things. From there, things will become clearer as you get to know him. And of course, if you are not sure of something, you can always ask him; if you ask in a polite way I am sure he will appreciate that you simply want to know if something is/is not acceptable to him, and probably appreciate the fact you were considerate enough to ask nicely about it. :)

I think (although I may be wrong!) that it's a little old-fashioned idea that Japanese males 'don't want women to succeed'. ☝ A great many women in Japan have their successful jobs in business, commerce, companies and such. There is the issue whether they get promotion and such high positions/pay as men :eek: but that is really another issue. It's quite far from the 'model stay-at-home young wife' image, really. There are differences in the ways women are perceived and treated in Japan, but these are very complex and subtle and best dealt with in entirely different discussions. 😌 (I know very little about these things. 😊 ) But, for example my Japanese ex, if we had ended up getting married, would not have expected me to give up my job or something. On the other hand, he was a well-travelled, open-minded, intelligent person; no doubt there can be found closed-minded uber-'traditionalists' in Japan the same as anywhere else. 😌

If you are meeting with guys living in England but from Japanese parentage it's likely they will be pretty well 'Briticised' if they have lived here all their life, or at least picked up a lot of British cultural attitudes :p so there are not so many differences to take into account as there would be if you are meeting with boys who are simply on holiday here from Japan.

But as I said before, better just to meet and talk with him as an individual, and not worry too much about 'cultural differences'! :p

I can appreciate that the OP was serious in asking the question. Because although 'people are people', it could be expected (especially if someone hasn't met/talked with many/any people from a particular country) that there might be cultural differences and it's natural to want to be aware of these so as to avoid making horribly embarrassing blunders when meeting with someone from a different country/cultural/background

exactly! Ive been saying that all along and I was attacked for it.I whole-heartedly agree.

We expected a little more maturity and depth from a 27 year old than we do from a 14 year old.

I Was kinda only asking a Question i only wanted to no wat its like to date a japanese guy from people that have thats all

We expected a little more maturity and depth from a 27 year old than we do from a 14 year old.
I don't think this was a slight, am I correct?

Kinsao is 27 and agrees with me.
I'm sorry, I'm not sure she does.

I Was kinda only asking a Question i only wanted to no wat its like to date a japanese guy from people that have thats all
Here's what I can tell you from Japanese women I've spoken to, they are men who are burdened with the ideas of being the supporter of the family, the salaryman, they can be overtly-rough or less gentle during acts of love, they are burdened with the lionization of labels of perversion or misogyny, ...many are very nice people, but live in a conflicted world where Japanese society asks of them, expects of them, to act in a certain accordance, while their home life can be quite different...

I'm expecting that the Japanese men I've met are quite different than then ones that you might be thinking of... Younger boys who have disposable income and no real responsibility for school, jobs, what-haveyou... In many aspects they are similar... but I don't think that's important to you... it shouldn't be.

When you go into a relationship, look it as a relationship with a human being, not a race, and learn from your experiences dating the individual, not the race... I've dated a few different non-Caucasian girls, and I don't judge their race simply from my experiences.... and we shouldn't... there isn't any manual for love... if there were, it would all be so much easier than it is.

Good luck, and don't rush things... there is a lot of time in you life to think about relationships, try dating people w/ similar interests to you, I think in the end if you end up w/ a Japanese boyfriend, you'll either need to brush up on your Japanese and move to Japan, or perhaps be disappointed in what you expected... There is a shelf life for Japanese males for when they are as stated somewhere "kakkoii", (cool), and when they have to buckle down, cut their hair, and start working for the man.

I find it difficult to believe a 14-year-old girl is out "dating" to begin with, much less with a Japanese guy. I didn't allow my daughter to date until she was 16.

...ive always wanted to go out with a japanese guy i kinda think there more mature than english guys

Obviously you've never seen Japanese television. The cornerstone of Japanese humor involves a group of grown men standing around and beating each other over the head and shouting. When compared to British television.... well... maybe you have a point. lol. 😌

Back
Top Bottom