What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Japanese guard signs for NBA's Phoenix Suns

shotime77780

先輩
Reaction score
whaa 5'9"............falls off his chair and laughs.....hey maybe if i practice this sport called basketbal,l i might get good at it lmao :D :D

Dream Time

Sempai
Reaction score
shotime77780 said:
whaa 5'9"............falls off his chair and laughs.....hey maybe if i practice this sport called basketbal,l i might get good at it lmao :D :D

I think it is all about practicing hard, playing hard, spending hours on the basketball court everyday,
if you do that, you should be able to compete on the basketball court regardless of size,sex and race

when I was a kid, I just kept playing hard and practice basketball for hours everyday, I told my family that I wanted to grow up to be a basketball player, they were not happy about it,we've had arguments,
traditionally Chinese families almost view it as 'wrong' for a child to dream about becoming an athlete

I 'accidentally' told a friend in my elementary school about my dream, when we went to high school we were no longer friends,
he told his bad friends about it,
I often see those fools when I was in the gym or going into the gym, they came to make fun of me like 'oh you wanna be a pro baller? you are a great player,work hard man',' isn't there is one Chinese that is playing in the NBA?' , 'Wang Zhizhi,but he is tall'
when I heard those words I just tried to ignore them,
I just kept working hard

I keep hearing stuff like 'Asians can't ball',when Yao Ming made into the NBA people are still like 'Yao Ming is the only exception from Asia,other Asians can't ball'

then here comes Yuta Tabuse,an Asian baller of my height,
I hope he will crush those stereotypes and I wish him success in the NBA

shotime77780 said:

shortest NBA players

Muggsy Bogues 5'3"
Earl Boykins 5'5"
Spud Webb 5'7" , the champion of the 1986 Slam Dunk contest

the shorter you are,the more skills are required for you to make it to the NBA,
there aren't too many 7 footers in the world,so those guys,if they know how to play basketball,they don't have to be VERY GOOD, they'll have chance to go to the NBA,
but people who are 5 foot,6 foot tall are everywhere,especially for those under 6 foot,
with you height you have to compete against ballers on the streets first, then make to the high school and college teams,
you have to impress the coaches, let you pass the cuts despite your height,
you will have to be a standout in a forest of players who are above 6 foot tall,
to become a starter,
and then,finally,the NBA, in order to make it,in the summer camps you have to play against the players who are about a foot or two taller than you,and those are very good players from colleges and international leagues...

Top Bottom