What's new

Japanese Girls

I really like all Japanese people and culture, when asked what I think of Japanese girls I would answer that they are shy towards foreigners. I have dated a Japanese girl before and she was really sweet, but I can't generalize all of the female population for her own actions but I really think all, or at least the majority are really nice, kind and caring.

Josh

this is the impression i get when i'm talking too japanese online , wich i met ,

* a little bit childish at mind
* they have the need to apologize to you every 2 minutes
* kind and gentle

when i am talking to some of my friends who lived here for some years , i get a completly different impression ,
they seem,greedy , jealous and not at all like those living in japan.

probably got something to do with the enviroment they live in , offcourse this doesn't mean EVERY japanese acts this way , it's
just the impression i get.:p

I met a Japanese girl who had spent a lot of time in America and she seemed like how you mentioned above but I remember when I first went to Japan and I returned back home I asked all my friends why they used curse words and didn't present cashiers with money two-handedly.

Josh

mostly, I find that girls just want to have fun.....
sometimes at their expense,
sometimes at your expense,
sometimes at the expense of everybody around them.....
sometimes they don't know how to have fun
sometimes they are too shy to know they want to have fun
sometimes they try too hard at trying to conform to whatever normal standards that are set up by the current trend in thinking or fashion
sometimes I just don't know what they think....
then again, sometimes I have no idea what's going on anyway, so sometimes all you can do is just watch things develop and see what happens....
and sometimes you just realize that some things are just not meant to be understood....along with some people, too..... :D

Originally posted by ben0a4
probably got something to do with the enviroment they live in , offcourse this doesn't mean EVERY japanese acts this way , it's
just the impression i get.:p

Yeah, it's most like the the environment and culture.
Looking at local Japanese people here (in Hawaii) which are now 3rd or 4th Japanese-Americans since World War II, they've adapted to the culture and many of them do not know much Japanese anymore, and their grandparents knew some, and parents knew even less, and current generations don't really know.

I dont know if my comments are relevant, but its pretty observable that most of the girls from Tokyo are alot different than the rest of the country. Sorry, I dont really feel like enhancing right now. but yah..

i often heard many steroetypes, about japanese girls, from china and america.

chinese thougt:
japanese girls born to lie.
they got bad teeth.

american thought:
japanese girls always want to have a sex.
they are so short.
they always wear school uniforms
they prefer american boys over japanese boys.

they prefer american boys over japanese boys.
I read that so often!

I think it's more along the lines of an innocent infatuation when confronted with something different. For example, if an attractive (or even just somewhat attractive) member of race X (from country Y in the galaxy Z!) entered into your town, wouldn't your interest be piqued a little bit more simply because of their different physical characteristics, outlook, or lifestyle?

I think mine would. :)

What do I think of when I think of Japanese girls... hrrm. I don't really think I have any real thoughts in general on this. Sorry.

they look different (in a beautiful way) and speak a different language. apart from that, i'm gonna go on a person to person basis.

I'd have to agree with Mike on that one. I've lived in Japan for a year and I must I've met all sorts of girls, ranging from dull, shy and childish ones to real 'burikko' or cursing gyaru. I'd describe my own (Japanese) girlfriend as funky with a big mouth. Not really the stereotype is it? I had the opportunity to enter a group of (all female) friends and I must say they really weren't that different in comparison to your average European girl though. I think the major problem with talking to Japanese girls is the language and the fact that they still consider you to be a gaijin. In a sense, it's very hard to cross that border from exotic man to human being. But once you've been able to do that, you can only conclude that we're all alike.

Originally posted by Musashi
I'd have to agree with Mike on that one...
...I think the major problem with talking to Japanese girls is the language and the fact that they still consider you to be a gaijin. In a sense, it's very hard to cross that border from exotic man to human being. But once you've been able to do that, you can only conclude that we're all alike.

my sentiments exactly

very hard to cross that border from exotic man to human being

Yes, exactly. And this is just not for Japanese women and Western men. In my case, this holds true for Japanese women and Western women and Japanese men and Western women.

As far as my best friend Yumi was concerned, it took awhile for her to take me seriously as just another person. When I first met her, all she could do was giggle and want to practice English, or wanted to touch me(!), or always talked about how she "envied" my high nose or white skin or whatever, but it finally went away and we got past all of that...to an extent.

And with my husband and his friends, it took them awhile to get passed it too, so it's not just the Japanese women. It's also the men. The men also think that the Western women are exotic(believe it or not, Western/American guys). ;)

Being 19 when i was in Japan, i remember going to Tokyo and these young girls were waving at me and saying things i couldn't understand. Probably making fun of me who knows. I thought they were very cute, and one i said that to thought she was ugly. They also may lack in self esteem.

hmm...i met some japs in my school, they're all exchanged student. Some of them are cute and friendly, but some are like...hey, who r u, u know...and somehow i felt that jap girls like faking out, just my personal opinion...

Originally posted by ghettocities
What do you foreigners think of when they think of Japanese girls?

The average Japanese girl is twice as attractive as the average american girl, twice as quiet, and twice as good in bed, which ends means J-girls are like thrice as good overall.

Really though, japanese girls have there own set of problems, but they arn't nearly as bad as american girls.

Last edited:
Hmm.. well i'm a japanese-american now working in japan, at an american corporation and i have many friends mostly black and white who are dating japanese females.. this is how i see it.
- designer girls - only carry louis vuitton, prada, chanel, etc.,typically very well spoken, usually single (unless married to a business or american man), hang out at high class bars hoping to find "money"
- "kogeru" girls (or dirty girls) - think they are gangsta, wear sweat pants, and sandals, like to smoke in public, and curse as much as possible.. but on the flip side they may be wearing short skirts, and halter tops.. all are blonde, these girls like to act tough, but in truth are actually not, esp. in front of american girls..
- "typical" japanese girl (if there is such a thing) - talk very quiet, likes to giggle and laugh at anything even remotely funny, extemely intelligent (though they may act like airheads), would prefer to be more cutsey than sexy, are usually looking to get married and become a stay at home mother.

The description of these japanese girls are mostly from the girls i have met, seen, and have dated or married my friends. Though i have to say that there are alot of girls who don't fit any of the descriptions, because i have become friends with some them.

-

and then we have
ganguro: dyed blond hair, darkly tanned skin, insane makeup around their eyes and lips that make them white, plucked eyebrows, platform shoes, insane coloured mini skirts and such

beach bunny LOL

hmm I know of all these types of japanese girls mentioned, as I've seen them, and had experience with them, such as a mall, the grocery store (not american), hmm the streets as well

when I think of Japanese girls I've actually known and were friends with, they've all been really sweet, VERY quiet and timid, dress somewhat conservative
yes they were intelligent as well ^__^
very sweet, giggle alot

I think a lot of Japanese girls are very pretty. I was able to meet a very nice girl at my school...she never gave me her name...but she was very pretty and talented.

Back
Top Bottom