What's new

Japanese Gadget Phone that America Needs

EdZiomek

後輩
29 Jun 2005
I am throwing this idea out for any Japanese engineers to implement if they can, and I am calling it the "Picture Voice". Possibly, it already exists.

Basically, it is a digital camera/phone that takes pictures and with each "still" photo, captures a 3 second audio wave file.

So instead of simply a jpeg digital photo captured, possibly there could be a "WAV" file, or some other audio formatted capture file, associated with it. Now, I would only want the new product IF these jpegs are independently available, and backward compatible with jpeg players.

Obviously, if a person has the new capability to ALSO play the audio along with a digital display of the photo, then fine. I am not asking for a re-invention of the phone or digital camera, just another feature added.

And, second half of the idea is for something similar to a barcode printout, or alpha-numeric printout be provided, along with the digital photo, so that even if no player is available, let's say, fifty years from now, the alphanumeric string can be typed in, scanned in, bar coded into a player, and the voice file played back along with the photo.

The alphanumeric string of course would represent a single coded number of a decodable compression file. For example.... the string.... "azw19*6^/4geEFE%@" would represent a single numeric value of 125 to the 17th power, which could possibly be decoded into a WAV compressed file, for audio output. This string would be printed out below the actual photo display. should that photo be printed.

I need this type of product for my construction work... snap the photo with a 3 second blurb of what it is, or what needs to be done, or what to look for... and date, of course! So instead of a written notepad, I would just load the camera output into my PC player, for display and playback purposes.

Now I almost can guess... this product has already been invented by the Japanese? If so, please advise of what product it is.

Otherwise, someone, please invent this product for Americans to use!

Sorry... the alphanumeric equivalent may be 17 to the 125th power, not vice verse, but enough to decode a 3 second WAV.

Close... for sure.

Thanks, Mike... and certainly the functionality is do-able.

Vodaphone is a sony product, so they could just add "Voice with Still Picture", in two separated data files.

But I didn't see it mentioned.

No worry, though, it is guaranteed right-around-the-corner, because I see 10,000 uses, and I can't guess any culture on this planet will do it before the Japanese.

Thanks for the info...

PS... do you know any Japanese patent attorneys who would share an idea I have in this area?

EdZiomek said:
PS... do you know any Japanese patent attorneys who would share an idea I have in this area?

I know an American patent attorney who works in a Japanese patent attorney firm in Gifu.

I will write a personal message to you.

Thanks. I will contact you, to contact that person. Three way ownership, or something like that.

This may be my last post to this particular thread, but the idea is to numerically represent a digitized photo/audio stream. I think I have a method.

By the way, Americans are losing their creativity, I believe. All consumer gadgets now seem to come from Japan, and I am not sure why. It would make an interesting thread.

PS... an interesting trivia from my own life... or rather, my son's own life. While a child, my son did television commercials. In 1984 or 85, just before the Christmas season, my son in New York out-auditioned 2000 other talented young boys for a commercial launching a Japanese television product. It would pay very little, being what is called a "Regional, Seasonal, wild spot". People became absolutely sickened by the playing and playing and playing of the spots, using one format, separated into 7 different television commercials, using Mother, Father, little boy, little girl.

The product launched in New York and Los Angeles only, and exploded from $0 dollars and zero presence in the Americas, to over $300 million dollars in just these two markets, the first Christmas season.

If I mentioned "Duck Hunt" and "Rob the Robot", would you know the product?

Nintendo.

My own kid helped launch Nintendo in America, I am proud to say! The most prolific product made the least amount of money for him, but I still think of his commercial success as "The Nintendo Kid"!

I will write you a personal message, and thanks again.

Failed, and then Succeeded

Update on my audio add feature, to digital photos....

I think I have failed for the moment. I know that eventually, and possibly right now (Dr. Nakamats, for example), Japanese manufacturers may be contemplating a method for adding an audio file in partnership with a digital photo, and maybe even a method of printing a graphical attachment of that WAV file on the photo... I know that eventually this will be done.
My method, and my ??? image representation of that audio file attachment, may be inadequate for the file size that is presently needed to accomplish this.

In fact, I believe now that I have disproven momentarily my own idea of creating a single graphic image that is printable on a photo, for interpreting 200 years from now.

At the same time, I may have actually thought of a BETTER idea based on existing technology.

That "better idea" may be a successive bar code sequence, where the bar code information may eventually be 2-3 megabytes... not in magnetic data, but in visual, printable, coded bars, interlaced with solid black dividers ... or something.

Something like...

||||| || ||| ||||

You get the picture.

In my failed attempt, I successfully created a single image that could count from 0 to megatrillion range, but that is woefully inadequate. A 512 byte data string may be beyond that physical number, when shown in binary. Then, I questioned... what data string could successfully represent an audio wave file, and I think I came up with a theoretical 3000 times 512, for every second of audio!

And then again, what computer can manipulate a number past the trillion mark? And then, if not, what is the use?

So I succeeded in one direction, failed in another... for the moment... I am convinced it WILL BE DONE by somebody!!!! Maybe by you! Maybe by me. It is a great brain teaser!

Digital photos, partnered with audio WAV files, and with audio print-out image-representation!

Why not!

Back
Top Bottom