What's new

Japanese for Busy People

Don't steal your learning materials. Go to book store and buy a copy. The CDs aren't that much either, but I haven't found either items that useful as compared to the Genki's.

do you download anything? ok..... i mean it's not like i am not going to buy them, but for the time being i was gonna do that. i always buy my materials.

Bama, we know that lots of people download stuff off the net and then buy things based on what they found out they liked. However, in our backwards country, that's still illegal and we just can't talk about it here on the forums.

Well, it would be alright if it were some promotional thing, and it didn't go against any copyrights, but it's against the forum rules to talk about "warez" and whatnot.

Please avoid explicit, obscene or vulgar language, graphics or behavior. Forum posts that contain explicit, obscene or vulgar language will be removed. We do not allow links to web sites with adult, hateful or other inappropriate content as well as sites that offer pirated software ("warez").

BamaFan2989 said:
do you download anything? ok..... i mean it's not like i am not going to buy them, but for the time being i was gonna do that. i always buy my materials.

Only legal stuff. Like demos, patches, mods, or translations for my import manga.

You can still try out the books at the store and I'll give you first hand testimony that the CDs aren't good. The speakers really don't give you anytime to imitate their speech and you pretty much have to look at the book when they do the pronounciation of the vocab. It just doesn't give much examples on the different part of structure either. I wish I would have never paid the money for the stuff.

if you're just curious about how good particular books or cds are, there are plenty of places to get reviews - amazon's always good for that. not to mention this forum :)

there's also plenty of homepages out there where people have reviewed learning materials, as well as made their own (free) learning aids - quizzes and stuff, some really good. i found a bunch just poking through a couple threads in this forum. some of them are more extensive, with practically whole courses on them.
'course i prefer to have something tangible rather than just studying language stuff on a screen - which meant buying textbooks - but starting out with the online stuff gave me enough of a start to know what i wanted in a textbook.

Fantt said:
That's an off limits topic.
As it happens there is a legal answer to this one.

You can view the first X pages* of Japanese for Busy People from the Amazon site.

* Where X is some not insignificant number.

Or you can go to the public library, test out the stuff there, and use that as a basis for what to buy. I use JFBP I (kana version) myself--bought a copy off amazon after I decided it was okay from borrowing it from the library. Of course, I also work at the library so it's a lot easier for me to get my hands on things from there.

Back
Top Bottom