What's new

Japanese Fashion Help

Chokato

後輩
21 Mar 2003
Hello everyone,
I have a question about Japanese Fashion and any other Asian fashion. I'm looking to buy some stuffs online, but I can't find any sites where I can order Japanese fashion items. I was wondering if anyone could help?

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I had no idea where it should go!!

Sientje

Hi Sientje, welcome aboard! 🙂

Don't worry about posting to a wrong forum, we won't bite you, lol. Which kind of fashion items are you looking for?

Greetings Chokato.

We currently have 37 fashion related links atm in the reference section, and if you haven't checked those out yet, I will encourage you to do so as there may be something of use to you there. Furthermore, the following links might be of use to you:

http://www.allthingskawaii.net/links/Shopping/
It is aA nice site with lots of links to everything from cosmetics to clothing to handbags, although most of it is collectable and seems to be mostly from importers. May require a little bit of navigating for you to find the right site though but i'm sure they will have something you may be interested in.

http://www.higuchi-inc.com/index-e.html

An authorized retailer in Japan that may be worth checking out if if you're looking for a new Seiko, Citizen, Rolex, etc. watch (link is for English page).

http://www.michieyamamoto.com/e/index.html

A very well-designed site that offers unique clothing for both sexes (shirts and dresses) made from traditional Yukata material and natural Indigo cloth. The link provided is to their English page.

http://www.tokyogems.com/home.asp

This is probably what you're looking for as they offer everything from the latest J-pop styles to Psychedelic to Gothic to hippy and just about anything else you can think of. Highly recommended. The site is very well done and i'm sure you may be able to find something there.

Hope these help, there are certainly plenty of resources available out there and if you dig around a bit i'm sure you can uncover many more. Again, I would encourage you to check the fashion links in our reference section first as a starting point in addition to the links above.

:)

Thanks for welcoming me!!
Haha, I've been to different forums before where I was new and people keep commenting me that I'm posting in a wrong forum!

Well, I'm a 19 year old girl, so I'm mainly looking for girl fashion items, mostly kawaii stuffs. (Like shirts with flower patterns etc.)
I recently had it arranged I could pay with my bank card online, but unfortunately now I can't find any sites :(

Arigatou Iron Chef! :) Esp. Tokyogems was very helpfull to me and some links from All things Kawaii. I shall bookmark these sites :)

Do itashimashite *bows* Fashion's not really my strongpoint per se *cough* so glad to be of help 8-p

Here's another Japanese fashion trend: "air stockings"

(in German)

Air stockings consist of fine powder directly applied onto the legs. They come in three colours: "bronze", "natural" (whatever that's supposed to mean) and "terracotta". Price for a 50g spray: 1.600&yen.

:)

Oh nO! I browsed through the tokyogems site too, and I found it to be _very_ addicting :giggle:
Thanks for the good topic and advices ;)

Come and live in Japan, and then you will understand that the clothes that you think are "Japanese fashion" are in fact just what the media, or other sources tell you to believe.

Real Japanese fashion does not exist on these sites. It is as individual as the person who wears it.

Tiger

I always find it interesting when someone poses a question, someone else tries to answer it, the original inquirer gains some measure of satisfaction from replies, and then someone else comes into shoot the whole thing down saying it's not accurate...

To reply "Go live in Japan and see for yourself" while valid, is not really the kind of constructive help the original poster was looking for I think. Consider the original poster's request to find some online fashion sites that offer items available, then re-examine your reply. It's always easy to criticize without offering any real suggestions isn't it?

I am sorry - I think I was a little busy thinking about something else when I was writing the comment, and I didn't explain it well.

Perhaps I was mistaken in interpreting "fashion" as meaning the current trend, in which case this would be a little like asking for American fashion. In a sense, there is no fashion in a country like America, because the population is too big and too diverse for any individual trend to become totally dominant. Having said that, little plaid skirts are quite common right now (although to me they look a lot like school uniform - since many girls have to wear something similar for many years, I don't know why they are so keen to wear them when they get older!) I would imagine that you can buy this kind of thing anywhere though.
<shrug>

Tiger

It's very difficult to buy stylish trendy clothes in north america
There are quite a few good online shop that sell japanese/korean stylle clothes.
I usually find great style and deal on ebay.
I recently
found a seller that has a few nice item. Check it out.

Seller: la-maison-de-reve

It's very difficult to buy stylish trendy clothes in north America
There are quite a few good online shop that sell Japanese/Korean style clothes.
I usually find great style and deal on eBay.
I recently found a seller that has a few nice items. Check it out.
Seller: la-maison-de-reve

Where in N. America do you live? I've never had a problem at all finding stylish and trendy clothes. N. America is a big place, with lots of fashion boutiques and trendy stores if you know where to look.

It all depends on what the OP is looking for. I'd recommend buying local, (depending on where you live) I'm sure you could find tons of trendy 'Japanese-ish' fashion items and for a lot cheaper than what most online stores charge. I've noticed stores that cater to people willing to spend a lot of money on the elusive Japanese kawaii style will try to rip you off bad (speaking from experience).

I've always found this to be a decent site for J-street fashion. They feature a variety of styles from Japan from the normal to the outrageous. My recommendation, check it out, get some ideas and search locally before checking online. Good luck! 👍

I'm in Ontario.
And there are a few local places that I shop from, like H&M, Zara, Urban Outfitters, etc.
But really difficult to find japanese style clothings.
My source is mostly online shops, mainly ebay.

I'm in Ontario.
And there are a few local places that I shop from, like H&M, Zara, Urban Outfitters, etc.
But really difficult to find japanese style clothings.
My source is mostly online shops, mainly ebay.

Ah, I see. Yeah, specific styles like that can be hard to find here because, to be honest, there isn't that great a demand for Japanese style clothes and when it is available it often cost more than most are willing to pay.

A few months ago a Japanese run cutsy Loli store opened up in Metrotown in a very good location. It ended up closing down within a month or two because it wasn't getting any business.

(To the OP among others that it might help:)

It depends. What Japanese fashion are you looking for. I have no idea, but Japanese sites may be able to deliver to the U.S.

Here's one brand that I shopped at when I was in Japan

It's mainly a guys' store but it does have some ladies' fashion. Girls' clothes look too American in my opinion, though.

If you have problem reading the Japanese at some pages just ask.

Mauricio

Real Japanese fashion does not exist on these sites. It is as individual as the person who wears it.
Tiger

I'll take that a step further and say Japanese fashion doesn't exist, and it is simply about what part of the closet that falls on to the floor that day and what random garments, colors, and accessories get piled on that day.

Then again, I only wear clothes to stay warm and not get arrested.

I'll take that a step further and say Japanese fashion doesn't exist, and it is simply about what part of the closet that falls on to the floor that day and what random garments, colors, and accessories get piled on that day.
Then again, I only wear clothes to stay warm and not get arrested.

As far as I can tell 'Japanese fashion' is pretty much clothes you can find over here but worn in such a mis-matched way it looks completely different (and about 10x baggier than is necessary).

Please, please, please, anyone living in America/Canada that is looking to adopt the 'Japanese fashion style' don't!!! I seriously cannot stress this enough. It may be a-ok over in Japan but you will look like a tool.

Back
Top Bottom