What's new

Japanese dictionary

31 Dec 2005
Is there any online dictionary or program you can download which will tell you how to say a certain work or anything that will sound out words typed in, in Kana?

Thanks,

Sam

Jim breen's WWWJIDC is possibly 'the' online dictionary.
WWWJDIC: Word Search

It gives the pronunciations of words in kana for you too.

I also like JWPce.

If you are asking for something that has sound files, you shouldn't really need it even if it exists.

Kana is the easy part.. I'd like to see something like rikai.com that takes kanji and puts it in romanji. I'm just a beginner at Japanese myself (teaching myself about a month or so). It's the kanji I need to get used to. Even then, it's hard to learn kanji using rikai.com unless I set my text size on my browser to super huge so I can actually see what it looks like.

Anyway.. this is as good as I've found: http://www.rikai.com

It will translate only kanji to English and hirigana for you... As for the actual vocabulary, every tool I've found is practically useless...

You can try downloading the NJStar word processor. It has a built in dictionary where you can paste kanji and look them up. It's not all-encompassing though, and sometimes has problems with special compounds, like a company name.

Back
Top Bottom