What's new

Japanese Corruption

maushan3

Back home
1 Feb 2007
I've read and heard some people say that there's a fair amount of corrupt politicians.

Heck, how can this be true if it is one of the world's most powerful economies?

I know corruption, it definitely exists in Mexico... The cops here in Monterrey need to hand in at least $900 U.S. per week to their bosses in bribes they collect from people speeding in their cars.
It is also evident as I see it everyday with many affluent people and then there are the poor ones. But in Japan, corruption...?

Mauricio

Last edited:
Corruption abounds in Japanese politics and bureacracy. They just do a very skillful job of keeping it under wraps for the most part. Sometimes it does come to public attention, but I don't think much of it gets reported other than in the Japanese press and in Japanese books.

well corruption in argentina, brazil mejico, maybe i can include all south-america. and of course i can include spain here. marbella, the town of the corrupted ppl :DDDDDDDD they sale public space like if it was private space. in marbella u can buy a street and do a pool in the middle of it -,-

And accountability of politicians seems less of a threat to a Politician then in other western democracies.

I think it is fair to say that corruption exist everywhere; but are often worst in country where there is no education and people don't have the right to vote or express their opinion, like China for exemple.

When I got a hefty speeding ticket about 1000USD before, I followed a stupid friend's idea:
if I go all the way back to the local police station where I got the ticket, the local cop will show sympathy on my effort.
But it was just a waste of time, 8 hour drive again, gas, and the fine. And 3 month suspension of my license.
Sometimes you may see friendly cops, but the camera on the street here has good fuction to keep your face well. Be careful.

Back
Top Bottom