What's new

Japanese concept of HARMONY

This is coming from Cornell, a highly respected school in Japanese studies. See the original text here.

1.2 Introduction of writing in Japan; early writing culture
The Japanese were exposed to written matter as early as mid-Yayoi. Thus, inscribed Chinese coins have been unearthed in excavations of sites dating from the first century AD. There is no evidence of any awareness of the function of writing at that early stage, however, and it is likely that also the characters which appear on mirrors and other artefacts produced in Japan through the third and fourth centuries were simple ornaments, in imitation of those found on articles from the continent. To all appearances, writing as such, in the form of Chinese Classics, was introduced into Japan early in the fifth century as part of the great cultural influx from Paekche. Kojiki (Philippi 1968, chapter 104) and Nihon Shoki (Aston 1896, book X, chapter 10) recount this event as the advent of the scribes Wani and Akichi in the years Ôjin 15 and 16 (now thought to be early in the fifth century, possibly 404-5; the traditional dating is 284-5). For some time, writing remained in the hands of hereditary professional scribes (fubito) who were of continental heritage. Through the sixth and seventh centuries Sinitic culture, including Chinese Buddhism, flowed into Japan through Paekche. In the course of this, written Chinese assumed enormous importance in matters of state, philosophy, and religion. Any serious engagement with such matters required knowledge of written Chinese. Likewise, writing was for some time equivalent with writing in Chinese, and in fact, a form of Classical Chinese
remained the medium for much serious writing well into the modern period.
Also composition of Chinese poetry became highly regarded
and remained so long into the medieval period. The oldest surviving poetry anthology in Japan is Kaifûsô (ca. 751) which is a compilation of Chinese poetry written in Japan. One reason for the scarcity of Japanese sources from the 9th century is that literary writing in Chinese became very popular and almost replaced writing in Japanese.

This has a different date for the importation of kanji, but...

In the early centuries of the Christian era, the Japanese did not have a writing system of their own. As the Japanese began to interact with the Chinese, they adopted Chinese institutions and adapted them to their own needs. Chinese characters were introduced to Japan via the Korean peninsula in the fourth century A.D. In the next two centuries, Chinese books on philosophy and Buddhism were brought to Japan and studied by the Japanese aristocracy

Initially, the Japanese used the characters for writing in authentic Chinese or a hybrid Japanese-Chinese style. A good example of the latter is the ナ津ηス窶凪?ケL kojiki (Ancient Chronicles) written in 712. Since the Japanese did not have their own script, they soon began to use the characters to write the Japanese language as well. In the early stages, they employed the characters purely for their phonetic values. For example, the native Japanese word yama 'mountain' was written 窶禿ァ窶独? with the first character representing ya and the second ma. This method of writing is referred to as 窶毒凪?杯窶ーツシ窶督シ man'yōgana because it was used extensively in the 窶毒凪?杯ツ集 man'yōshū, an eighth-century anthology of Japanese poems.

Well, this will have to do for now. I'm tired of looking through sites that don't quite have specific information.

caster51 said:
😊 😊
I never said " japanese was always written in Japanese"
I dont know japanese language based on what language
even now sometime romaji, chinese character.
at first I said " distinguish chinese language and chinese characters"
you said " everithing was in chinese language"
I said " there was basic japanese language that existed first, then that was applied by chinese characters."

I think you are mixing up the language itself and script of the language.
As Glenn san pointed out, Chinese language (not just kanji) was used in ancient Japan for writing.

ナ陳セナ津ェ窶堙?陳セナ津ェ窶「\窶ケL窶堙ー窶堋イ窶堙≫?堋ソ窶堙。窶堙俄?堋オ窶堙??堋「窶堙ァ窶堙≫?堋オ窶堙。窶堙ゥ窶堙ヲ窶堋、窶堙??堋キ窶堙仰。
窶愿コ窶怒ナ津ェ窶堙娯?「\窶ケL窶堋ェツ催?鞘?ー窶堙最?ツソナスナ。窶堙ーナステ倪?廃窶堋オツ(窶毒凪?杯窶ーツシ窶督シツ)窶堋サ窶堙ェ窶堋ェナ津」窶堙俄?堙絶?堙ァ窶堋ェ窶堙按・ニ谷ニ耽ニ谷ニ段窶堙俄?敖ュ窶弩窶堋オ窶堙??堋「窶堙≫?堋ス窶堙娯?堙最ス窶毒ステ?窶堙??堋キ窶堋ェツ、窶堙懌?堋セ窶愿コ窶怒ナ津ェ窶堙娯?「\窶ケL窶堋ェナ?m窶板ァ窶堋オ窶堙??堋「窶堙遺?堋ゥ窶堙≫?堋スナスナセ窶佚」窶堙俄?堙債、ナ津カ窶「ツカツ鞘?倪?堙坂?吮??ツ坂?佛津ェ窶堙?鞘?倪?堋ゥ窶堙ェ窶堙??堋「窶堙懌?堋オ窶堋スツ。ツ(窶吮??ツ坂?倪?堙娯?「ツカナスナ。窶堙?、窶堙??堙坂?堙遺?堋ュツ、窶吮??ツ坂?佛津ェ窶堙?、窶堙??堋キツ。ツ)

Quotation from Wikipedia
ナ津??「ツュナスナセ窶佚」ツ、窶愿樞?氾?スナセ窶佚」ツ、窶「ツスヒ??ナスナセ窶佚」窶堙懌?堙??堙最津??弋窶吮??ツ坂?佛津ェ窶堙娯?「ツカナ津ェツ(ナ?ツソ窶「ツカツ)窶堋ェ窶卍ゥ窶凖ャ窶堙娯?廃窶堋「窶堙ゥナ津カ窶堙固陳セナ津ェ窶堙??堋?窶堙ィツ(窶堋ア窶堙ェ窶堙哉遅ニ暖ニ段ニ停ぎツ、窶卍ゥ窶朗窶敖シ窶懌?。窶堙??慊ッ窶罵ツ。ツ)ツ、窶懌?督鞘?ー窶堋サ窶堙ェ窶堙坂?吮??ツ坂?倪?ーツケ窶堙??愿??堙懌?堙ェ窶堋スツ。窶堋オ窶堋ゥ窶堋オ窶愿コ窶怒ナ津ェ窶堙??吮??ツ坂?佛津ェ窶堙娯?ーツケ窶ーC窶佚固地窶堙固?u窶板」窶堙最槌停?堋オ窶堋ュツ、窶愿コ窶怒ナ津ェ窶堙娯?堋サ窶堙ェ窶堙??堙坂?吮??ツ坂?倪?堙固?ツソナスナ。窶ーツケ窶堙ーツ坂?壺?堋「ツ青ク窶忸窶堙??禿坂?「テュ窶堙??堋ォ窶堙遺?堋「ヒ?冷?堋オ窶堋セ窶堋「窶堙俄?堋ア窶堙娯?「テサ窶邸窶堙坂?挾窶堙ェ窶堙??堋「窶堙≫?堋スツ。 窶佚問?堙ュ窶堙≫?堙?陳サ窶堙ェ窶堋ス窶堙娯?堙債、ナ?ツソ窶「ツカ窶堙俄?愿コ窶怒ナ津ェ窶堙??堋オ窶堙??「K窶牌窶堙遺?「ツカ窶邸窶廬ナスw窶「Wツ(ツ鞘?「ナスナ陳、ツ鞘?「窶慊ョナスナ陳、窶倪?披?堙ィ窶ーツシ窶督シ窶堙遺?堙?)窶堙ー窶「t窶堋ッ窶ーテ≫?堋ヲツ、ヒ?ェ窶「窶昶?堙固?ツソナスナ。窶堙俄?佚・ヒ彗ナ陳セ窶杯窶堙ーナ単窶堙??堋オ窶堙??懌?凪?堙??堙坂?堙溪?堙ゥナス窶凪?堙??愿コ窶怒ナ津ェ窶堙??堋オ窶堙??愿??堙樞?「テサ窶邸窶堙??堋?窶堙≫?堋スツ。窶堋ア窶堙ェ窶堙ーナ?ツソ窶「ツカナ単窶愿??堙?津??堙板。窶愿コ窶怒ナ津ェナ津??猫窶堙娯?「窶昶?「ツェ窶堙最?ツソナスナ。窶堙娯?ーツケ窶堙ーナステ倪?堙ィ窶堋ス窶毒凪?杯窶ーツシ窶督シ窶堙??「\窶堋ウ窶堙ェ窶堋スツ。ツ(ナ津」窶堙俄?「テ絶?ーツシ窶督シ窶堙俄?佚問?堙ュ窶堙ゥツ。ツ)
日本語 - Wikipedia
窶愿コ窶怒ナ津ェ 1.窶氾ーナスj 1.4 窶「\窶ケL

Following page shows the original text of ナ停?コ窶邸ツ十ナスツオツ湘ー Constitution of 17 Articles by ツ青ケ窶慊ソ窶伉セナスq Shoutoku taishi.
十七条憲法 - Wikisource
It is not Japanese in 窶毒凪?杯窶ーツシ窶督シ, but Chinese language.

Following page shows the original text of ナ停?コ窶邸ツ十ナスツオツ湘ー Constitution of 17 Articles by ツ青ケ窶慊ソ窶伉セナスq Shoutoku taishi
there is no original one.
there was ナ停?コ窶邸ツ十ナスツオツ湘ー Constitution of 17 written in nihonshoki .
nihonsyoki was written in ancient chinese language (kanbun)
we can not say shotokutaishi wrote it in kanbun

caster51 said:
there is no original one.
there was ナ停?コ窶邸ツ十ナスツオツ湘ー Constitution of 17 written in nihonshoki .
nihonsyoki was written in ancient chinese language (kanbun)
we can not say shotokutaishi wrote it in kanbun

Thank you for pointing my misunderstanding.
However, in which text it appears or who wrote it are not the main points.
And now you stated yourself that 窶愿コ窶怒ツ鞘?倪?ケI was written in ancient chinese language (kanbun). It seems to contradict your earlier post:

caster51 said:
there is no evidence that old japanese writing was chinese language

窶愿コ窶怒ナ津ェ窶堙娯?「\窶ケL窶堋ェツ催?鞘?ー窶堙最?ツソナスナ。窶堙ーナステ倪?廃窶堋オツ(窶毒凪?杯窶ーツシ窶督シツ)窶堋サ窶堙ェ窶堋ェ ナ津」窶堙俄?堙絶?堙ァ窶堋ェ窶堙按・ニ谷ニ耽ニ谷ニ段窶堙俄?敖ュ窶弩窶堋オ窶堙??堋「窶堙≫?堋ス窶堙娯?堙最ス窶毒ステ?窶堙??堋キ 窶堋ェツ、窶堙懌?堋セ窶愿コ窶怒ナ津ェ窶堙娯?「\窶ケL窶堋ェナ?m窶板ァ窶堋オ窶堙??堋「窶堙遺?堋ゥ窶堙≫?堋スナスナセ窶佚」窶堙俄?堙債、 ナ津カ窶「ツカツ鞘?倪?堙坂?吮??ツ坂?佛津ェ窶堙?鞘?倪?堋ゥ窶堙ェ窶堙??堋「窶堙懌?堋オ窶堋スツ。ツ(窶吮??ツ坂?倪?堙娯?「ツカナスナ。窶堙?、 窶堙??堙坂?堙遺?堋ュツ、窶吮??ツ坂?佛津ェ窶堙?、窶堙??堋キツ。ツ)

Now do you agree with the above?

窶愿コ窶怒ナ津ェ窶堙娯?「\窶ケL窶堋ェツ催?鞘?ー窶堙最?ツソナスナ。窶堙ーナステ倪?廃窶堋オツ(窶毒凪?杯窶ーツシ窶督シツ)窶堋サ窶堙ェ窶堋ェ ナ津」窶堙俄?堙絶?堙ァ窶堋ェ窶堙按・ニ谷ニ耽ニ谷ニ段窶堙俄?敖ュ窶弩窶堋オ窶堙??堋「窶堙≫?堋ス窶堙娯?堙最ス窶毒ステ?窶堙??堋キ 窶堋ェツ、窶堙懌?堋セ窶愿コ窶怒ナ津ェ窶堙娯?「\窶ケL窶堋ェナ?m窶板ァ窶堋オ窶堙??堋「窶堙遺?堋ゥ窶堙≫?堋スナスナセ窶佚」窶堙俄?堙債、 ナ津カ窶「ツカツ鞘?倪?堙坂?吮??ツ坂?佛津ェ窶堙?鞘?倪?堋ゥ窶堙ェ窶堙??堋「窶堙懌?堋オ窶堋スツ。ツ(窶吮??ツ坂?倪?堙娯?「ツカナスナ。窶堙?、 窶堙??堙坂?堙遺?堋ュツ、窶吮??ツ坂?佛津ェ窶堙?、窶堙??堋キツ。ツ)

no.. there is no evidence at all
kojiki is older than nihonsyoki.
the kanbun in kojiki is only parts of preface.

caster51 said:
no.. there is no evidence at all
kojiki is older than nihonsyoki.
the kanbun in kojiki is only parts of preface.

There's no evidence FOR WHAT?
Please tell me what are you trying to prove?
Your answer does not make sense at all.

(I never dreamt that he'd have difficulty in understanding even in Japanese... *Sigh*)

I say again, even before kojiki there is no evidence that everything was witten in Chinese language
nandomoiwaseruna
窶拏ナ津銀?「テェナ?テ「ツ青」窶板ャ窶愿
even small matter , kanbun is not chinese language
kanbun is ancient ナ?ツソ language.

caster51 said:
I say again, even before kojiki there is no evidence that everything was witten in Chinese language
nandomoiwaseruna
even small matter , kanbun is not chinese language
kanbun is ancient ナ?ツソ language.

WHO said that EVERYTHING was written in Chinese???
I think you should re-read all the posts including yours.

WHO said that EVERYTHING was written in Chinese???
I think you should re-read all the posts including yours.

☝ ☝ ☝

窶堙??堋ア窶堙可「窶堋キ窶堙冷?堙??堙個」窶堙遺?堙ア窶堙?鞘?倪?堋ゥ窶堙ェ窶堙??堋「窶堙懌?堋キ窶堋ゥツ?

ナ津カ窶「ツカツ鞘?倪?堙坂?吮??ツ坂?佛津ェ窶堙?鞘?倪?堋ゥ窶堙ェ窶堙??堋「窶堋スツ、窶堙??堋「窶堋、窶堋セ窶堋ッ窶堙??堋キ窶堙ヲツ。
窶堋サ窶堙ェ窶堙嫁ス窶樞?堋ェヒ?ク窶廃窶堋オ窶堋スWiki窶堙姑馳ツーニ淡ツ、窶堋ソ窶堙。窶堙ア窶堙??愿??堙ア窶堙??堋「窶堙ァ窶堙≫?堋オ窶堙。窶堙ァ窶堙遺?堋「窶堙??堋オ窶堙・窶堋、ツ。
窶堋サ窶堋ア窶堙俄?堙坂?堋ア窶堋、窶堙?ツ鞘?倪?堋「窶堙??堋?窶堙ゥ窶堙ア窶堙??堋キ窶堙ヲツ。
ヒ?ェ窶「テサナス窶樞?廬窶堙遺?氾戸?ヲ窶堙??堙債照塚彗窶「窶披?佚娯?堙娯?「ツカツ湘坂?堋ェツ鞘?倪?堋ゥ窶堙ェ窶堋スツ。ヒ彗窶ーテ娯?堙遺?堙??堙??堙坂?佚・ヒ彗ナ陳セ窶杯窶堙ー窶吮??ツ心窶堙??堋オツ、窶堋サ窶堙ェ窶堙ー窶毒凪?杯窶ーツシ窶督シ窶堙??ケL窶堋キ窶「テサ窶邸窶堋ェナステヲ窶堙ァ窶堙ェ窶堙ゥツ。
窶堙や?堙懌?堙ィツ、窶卍ゥ窶凖ャ窶堙??堙坂?吮??ツ坂?佛津ェ窶堋ェナ津カ窶廃ナ津ェ窶堙??「ツカツ鞘?倪?堙?窶吮??ツ坂?佛津ェ窶堙?鞘?倪?堋ゥ窶堙ェ窶堙??堋「窶堋ス窶堋ッ窶堙ェ窶堙?、ナス窶樞?廬窶堙遺?「ツカツ湘坂?堙債照塚彗窶「窶披?「ツカ窶佚娯?堙や?堙懌?堙ィ窶愿コ窶怒ナ津ェ窶堙?鞘?倪?堋ゥ窶堙ェ窶堙??堋「窶堋スツ、窶堙??堋「窶堋、窶堋ア窶堙??堙??堋キツ。
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E6%97%...A1.A8.E8.A8.98
窶愿コ窶怒ナ津ェ 1.窶氾ーナスj 1.4 窶「\窶ケL

Which part says "EVERYTHING"?
It simply states that the official documents were written in Chinese.
And it is obvious that you did not read the paeg I've quoted as backing evidence. It says that private documents were written in pure Japanese style and songs/poetry were in Yamato-kotoba (original Japanese) using Manyougana.
That means, at the government Chinese was the official language and their documents were also written in Chinese, while in private people wrote in Japanese.

ツ従窶藩??堙娯?ケL窶ケI窶堙「窶毒凪?杯ツ集窶堙ー窶堙?窶堙??堙俄?堋オ窶堋スナ陳、窶ケ窶?窶堙??堙債、窶堙坂?堋カ窶堙淞、ツ青ウナ?m窶堙闇?ツソ窶「ツカ窶堙ーツ習窶慊セ窶堋オ窶堋スヒ?ェ窶「窶昶?堙個坂?壺?ケ窶ー窶禿ーツ人窶堋ェ窶愿コ窶怒ナ津ェ窶堙ーナ?ツソ窶「ツカ窶堙娯?「ツカツ鞘?倪?堙俄?堋オ窶堙??堋「窶堋ス窶堋ェツ、窶堋サ窶堙ェ窶堋ェ窶「ツ≫?ケy窶堋キ窶堙ゥ窶堙俄?堙や?堙ェ窶堙?、窶「ツカツ湘坂?堋ェ窶「テカ窶堙ェ窶堙??堋「窶堋ュ窶堙??堋「窶堋、窶堙娯?堋ェ窶凖環静?窶堋セ窶堙≫?堋スツ。窶堙??堋ア窶堙ォ窶堋ェツ、窶禿佛?テ遺?堙固陳、窶ケ窶?窶堙俄?堙ヲ窶堙ィツ、ツ「窶「テカ窶堙ェ窶堋スナ?ツソ窶「ツカ窶堙固蛋窶堙??愿コ窶怒ナ津ェ窶堙娯?「\窶ケL窶堙最スn窶堙懌?堙ィツ、ツ鞘┐ツ々窶堙可鞘?倪?ケL窶邸窶堋ェツ青ョ窶堙≫?堙??堋「窶堙≫?堋ス窶堋ア窶堙??堋ェツ、窶堙ュ窶堋ゥ窶堙≫?堙??堋ォ窶堋スツ」窶堙??堋「窶堋、ツ。
窶堋ア窶堋、窶堋「窶堋、窶堙娯?堙?窶堋?窶堙ィ窶堙懌?堋キ窶堙ヲツ。
窶懌?督鞘?ーツ、ツ行ツ青ュ窶「ツカツ鞘?倪?堙坂?從窶藩?人窶堋ゥヒ?ェ窶「窶昶?堙個鞘?倪?ケLナ?ツッ窶堋ェナ?ツソ窶「ツカ窶堙?鞘?倪?堋「窶堙??堋「窶堋ス窶堙??堙昶?堙ァ窶堙ェ窶堙ゥ窶堋ェツ、窶佚・窶氾岩?堙娯?「ツカツ鞘?倪?堋ェ窶「K窶牌窶堙俄?堙遺?堙≫?堋ス窶堙??堋ォツ、窶伉ス窶堋ュ窶堙娯?禿ーツ人窶堙可青ウナスツョ窶堙固?ツソ窶「ツカ窶堙ー窶「テ冷?ケツュ窶堋ウ窶堋ケ窶堙ゥ窶堙ヲ窶堙ィツ、窶愿コ窶怒ナ津ェ窶堙ーナ?ツソナスナ。窶堙?鞘?倪?堋ュ窶「テサ窶邸窶堋ェ窶堋キ窶堙??堙俄?堋?窶堙≫?堋ス窶堙娯?堙ーナ?ヒ??廃窶堋オ窶堋ス窶「テサ窶堋ェナ津ク窶板ヲ窶廬窶堋セ窶堙??敖サ窶冉窶堋ウ窶堙ェ窶堋ス窶堙娯?堋セ窶堙ォ窶堋、
窶堋ア窶堙娯?「テカ窶堙ェ窶堋スナ?ツソ窶「ツカ窶堙≫?堙??堙遺?堙ア窶堙??堋オ窶堙・窶堋、窶堙仰。
ナ?ツソナスナ。窶堙ー窶「テ?窶堙冷?堙ォ窶堙最?ツソ窶「ツカ窶堋ゥ窶堙?窶堋オ窶堙ェ窶堙懌?堋ケ窶堙ア窶堙仰。
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/book/news/20060123bk12.htm
窶牌窶堋キ窶堙ゥ窶堙俄?堙ュ窶堋ゥ窶堙ァ窶堙遺?堋「窶堙??堋「窶堋、窶堋ア窶堙??堙??堋キツ。

Last edited:
Actually, I said "exclusively." 😊

Anyway, I think we can all agree that at the least, official documents were written in Chinese. Also, even if Prince Shôtoku didn't write it himself, the ナ停?コ窶邸ツ十ナスツオナ陳 was written in Chinese.

I think we can all agree that at the least, official documents were written in Chinese
strictly speaking , it was not chinese language.
it was ナ?ツソ language.:)
ナ?ツソlanguage is not today's chinese language either.
ナ?ツソツ was a part of china today
anyway we study that as one of japanese ancient language in high school from the Analects of Confucius.etc .
We do not have consciousness that studies Chinese language at all.

Last edited:
Sorry, I meant Chinese = classical Chinese in this case. Are you sure it was Han? The Han dynasty ended before Japan started using kanji widely.

The Han dynasty ended before Japan started using kanji widely.
ナ?ツソ窶「ツカ窶堋ェ窶愿シ窶堙≫?堙??堋ォ窶堋ス窶堋ア窶堙ォ窶堙債、窶從窶藩?地窶堙固スツ≫?伉ー窶堋ェツ鞘?倪?ケL窶堙娯?戮窶督ア窶堙俄?堋?窶堋ス窶堙≫?堙??堋「窶堋ス窶堙??堋「窶堋、窶堋ア窶堙??堙ーナスツヲ窶堋オ窶堙??堋「窶堙ゥツ。窶堙や?堙懌?堙ィヒ彖ツ坂?倪?忱窶吮?ヲ窶堙個坂?ケ窶伉ー窶堋ス窶堋ソ窶堙債、窶從窶藩?人窶堋ス窶堋ソ窶堙可鞘?倪?ケL窶堙固スdナス窶甜/B]窶堙ー窶堋ウ窶堋ケ窶堙??堋「窶堋ス窶堙??堋「窶堋、窶堋ア窶堙??堙??堋?窶堙ゥツ。窶堙懌?堋スツ、窶愿コ窶怒ツ鞘?倪?ケI窶堙娯?ケLナス窶凪?堙??徘窶慊ケ窶冲ヒ弸ナスq窶堋ェナ?ツソ窶「ツカ窶堙ーツ習窶堙≫?堋ス窶堙?鞘?倪?堋ゥ窶堙ェ窶堙??堋「窶堙ゥ窶堙ヲ窶堋、窶堙可、窶敕ア窶從窶藩?地窶堙個坂?ケ窶伉ー窶堙?ツ、窶從窶藩?地ナスツ≫?伉ー窶堋ゥ窶堙ァナ?ツソナスナ。ツ・ナ?ツソ窶「ツカ窶堙ーナ?w窶堙ア窶堙??堋「窶堙≫?堋ス窶堙?考窶堋ヲ窶堙ァ窶堙ェ窶堙??堋「窶堙ゥ

I think the immigrant's clans who were from Han dinasty or etc undertook the duty as the clerk.
Are you sure it was Han?
ツ江ナ津暁スナセ窶佚」窶堙俄?敖ュナ陳ゥ窶堋ウ窶堙ェ窶堋ス窶ケテ?ヒ?ウ窶堙俄?堙梗B]ナ?ツソヒ?鞘?忝ツ坂?倪?ーツ、ツ」
窶堙??堋「窶堋、ナ?ツソナスナ。窶堋ェツ債鞘?堙懌?堙ェ窶堙??堋「窶堋スツ。窶堋ア窶堙娯?ケLナス窶凪?堋ゥ窶堙ァ窶堋キ窶堙ゥ窶堙?、窶懌?毒スナセ窶堙戸彖ツ坂?倪?堙個人ツ々窶堋ェ窶牢窶堋ュナ?ツソ窶「ツカ窶堋ェ窶「ツェ窶堋ゥ窶堙ァ窶堙遺?堋ゥ窶堙≫?堋ス窶堙??堙債考窶堋ヲ窶愿ッ
漢文 - Wikipedia
窶懌?啜'ang-Dynasty (618-907) was not Han chinese dynasty
strictly speaking again,:) there is no chinese langage even today
窶徒窶ケナセナ津ェ ツ湘」ナ?Cナ津ェ 窶「ナクナ椎。ナ津ェ ツ広窶愬椎津ェ...( It has the difference more than English and French.
it is not accurate that we use chinese language united.
each lunguages are hard to say the chinese language as the chinese dialect
I can not say even kanbun as ancient chinese language

It is one of the opinions that I stick to restrict the name of language.

I had a feeling you were going that direction with that.

I agree that they aren't dialects, but different languages. But I think everyone agrees that the language that was written in China for quite some time and in ancient Japan (that wasn't Japanese) was classical Chinese. What else do you want to call it? That's all it's ever been referred to as around me.

ricecake said:
The Kanji character WA means harmony.
Japanese never fail to mention " harmony " plays an inseparable part of their culture.Japanese have a proverb,a nail stands up gets hammer down.
How are Japanese mold into this conform mentality as a people,through family unbringing or society as a whole or national education ?
For the curious, here is the OP.

Back
Top Bottom