What's new

Japanese Body Care for men..

BigBossIchi

Asahi Drinker
3 Feb 2004
Is there anywhere online that you can shop for products sold or made in Japan for men's body care. Products such as deodorants, after shave lotions and fragrants? Is there any products you would recommend too?

If you are buying in North America, you can Google men's skin care, perfume, etc., with the names of the top Japanese manufacturers:
Shiseido
Kanebo
Kose
I don't know which one is good. They have various men's product lines. 🙂

I'll let you in on a little secret --- Japanese deodorant and shaving lotions are awful. There's a whole little market of foreigners that live in Japan who have the stuff sent to them by the boxloads. Only condoms are a matched product in extremely poor quality.

That's really a matter of opinion I think. My mom goes to Mitsuwa, which is a japanese super market in NJ to buy her skin care lotions and whatever body care she uses.

I don't have any experience with shaving lotion but are you sure it's not just a matter of aquired taste? Like what you grew up with/feel comfortable with? Toiletries are pretty personal, and maybe that has something to do with it.

Does anyone know how Gastby is? Their line of products such as deodorant and aftershave? Can can't seem to find anywhere that sells it?

I'd avoid Japanese deodorants (if you can find them). Bring your own or have it shipped.

Shaving cream, etc. is pretty much the same. You can also find a whole line of things not normally seen at the corner drug in the US at least: Men's facial pack, various hair waxes for men, etc. Gatsby, yes, if it says Gatsby on it it's for men :)) )

That's really a matter of opinion I think.
I was referring to mens, not womens. Womens products are AFAIK fine. Mens are a joke... especially deodorant. Gatsby is a mediocre hair care product... average at best. Not as good as something like Aveda or Paul Mitchell.

As gokarosama says -- avoid Japanese deodorants. Shaving CREAM is pretty much the same, but they have no knock-off of Edge Gel, so if you use that, bring it.

Back
Top Bottom