What's new

Japanese and pc games

extricate

先輩
3 Nov 2006
hey everyone
I was just wondering, I've done quite a bit of pc gaming and I've never actually met any Japanese in my travels. I know Starcraft, and other blizzard games are/were really big in South Korea. When all the westerners would log off on U.S. east all the koreans would log in.
I've also played a lot of World of Warcraft (not a time I enjoy reminiscing about). I met a guy from argentina, a score of chinese on WoW.
Dawn of War, another very popular game. This game won game of the year. On this game I saw all sorts of people from europe. I lost a 1v1 match to a german guy (he used the blitzkrieg! how do i fight that?), and I beat a french guy (he surrendered the minute the game started). Maybe the Japanese play everquest?:?
Fear, CS, CS:S- I've seen Russian, polish, and god knows what other languages on these games.
So in conclusion... What gives? Do the Japanese just enjoy console games more (I also do not know of any Japanese pc game publishers off the top of my head), Am I not playing the same games, or Are the Japanese scared they'd get a whoopin if they came online 🔫 haha
I look forward to your responses!
Josh

I can't refer to any personal experience, but IMO Japanese gamers tend to turn to consoles a lot more than PC gaming. Nintendo and Sony's sales records in Japan are evidence to it I guess.

Back
Top Bottom