What's new

Japanese advertising??

Ottawaagent

後輩
1 Nov 2017
does anyone have any thoughts on which Japanese city is the riches or the best Japanese city to advertise for real estate investors or developers?

What kind of property are you pitching, how much money are you looking for, and why do no Canadian investors want in on it?

What kind of property are you pitching, how much money are you looking for, and why do no Canadian investors want in on it?
hey Mike, not pitching any particular kind of property,, I am a licensed real estate agent, In the nations capital and I have a few different types of properties for sale from shopping centers at $39 million to smaller plazas, apartment buildings, etc. I am not looking for money,, looking for investors,, I would just facilitate the transaction,I don't handle the money,, the lawyers does all that,, I just get a commission for connecting the lawyers :eek:) , we have sites like Kijiji here in Canada, where you can put a free advertising, saying, investment properties , or investors wanted,, etc,, I was trying to find a site like that in Japan or china, or where ever.. British Columbia on our countries west coast has had a big rise in Chinese investors in the pass 2 or 3 yrs,, I was just trying to tap into some foreign investors, thats all,, and I do advertise here in Canada and do get some investors,, just trying to expand , that's all,, just a hard worker,, here Mike ..

I have no way to provide advice on your situation, but I just have to comment on your writing. Man, that's pretty bad! Commas (two!) instead of periods, unequal capitalization of countries, wow. For someone handling million-dollar deals, I'd have expected better, far better. That's not whining. That's meant to be constructive criticism. Yes, this is a mere discussion forum, but if you want to be taken seriously to locate financial investors, spruce it up...a lot!

lol,, Thanks Mike, but that's funny,, I was born and raised in our most eastern province of Canada, and its an island and we have our own language and I write as I talk, sorry for the grammer,, but no offense taken, that's another thing about us Newfoundlanders, we don't get offended easy,, we also have our own joke book, jokes about ourselves,, its a fun place to visit, you should go there , if you ever get the chance,, and I'm here to work,, my daughter is a journalist,, she is now writing a book,, if I need something written properly,, ill get her to do it,, Thanks again for the advice ,, enjoy ya day, chow 4 now

That wasn't me.
sorry about that Mike, didn't realize it was someone else, was thinking was just me and you in the conversation, Glenski must be a grammar teacher, I have a good buddy here in Ottawa with the last name Glenski, he is sales manager at a car dealership, I know its not him because he writes worse than I do lol. so do your city have free classified sections in their Newspapers for advertising buy and sell things?

You're wheeling and dealing multi-million dollar properties and your idea of where to find people with the dough-re-mi to buy them is through a free advertisement in the classified section of a local newspaper? You can't be serious.

You're wheeling and dealing multi-million dollar properties and your idea of where to find people with the dough-re-mi to buy them is through a free advertisement in the classified section of a local newspaper? You can't be serious.
:eek:) I know sounds odd, but here in Canada it where investors look for properties listed by property owners,, instead of on MLS real estate system by agents, Mike,, a lot of investors don't want to be competing against other buyers/ investors, so they look for the private deals, in classifieds and so on..

Let me see if I have this straight....

People who want to buy directly from property owners in order to avoid the lawyers and real estate agents hunt for properties they find in the "FREE!!! TAKE ONE!!!" Penny Shopper in their local supermarket.

Then you come along and post in those papers properties which are listed listed with real estate agents, probably violating the paper's service terms in the process, and then when you get a fish on the line they find out it isn't actually for sale directly by the owner but that they will instead have to go through lawyers and also throw you a big chunk of cash for doing nothing more than deceptively listing it in a free newspaper.

You sound very dodgy to me and I wouldn't trust you with the price of a pack of chewing gum.

Let me see if I have this straight....

People who want to buy directly from property owners in order to avoid the lawyers and real estate agents hunt for properties they find in the "FREE!!! TAKE ONE!!!" Penny Shopper in their local supermarket.

Then you come along and post in those papers properties which are listed listed with real estate agents, probably violating the paper's service terms in the process, and then when you get a fish on the line they find out it isn't actually for sale directly by the owner but that they will instead have to go through lawyers and also throw you a big chunk of cash for doing nothing more than deceptively listing it in a free newspaper.

You sound very dodgy to me and I wouldn't trust you with the price of a pack of chewing gum.
lol,, nope you don't have it straight,,
let me try again,, people want to buy properties that are not Listed publically on the real estate market, to avoid competing against other buyers,, not to avoid lawyers or agents,, no one should ever buy a property especially a large shopping center, without an agent or lawyer,, that don't happen. and these properties don't be listed in the local FREE PENNY flyer, its usually just apartments or small commercial space to rent. or homes for sale,, most BIG business OWNERS, don't want their business listed publically, anywhere, they don't want their tenants or employees to know its for sale, so everything is done discretely and no one knows about it until the transaction is done and over with,, so I know these big business owners personally and they tell me , Dwight if you get someone looking for something like I have ,, bring me an offer, So I have to let investors know about these properties without naming the address publically,, (the delima of a real estate agent :eek:( lol ) So I just use social media, like facebook, kijiji, other things to advertise saying , I have OFF MARKET properties , once the Investor tells me what he is looking for,, then I give him , the property info,, some want small plazas, some want shopping centers,, some want apartment buildings,, each usually has a portfolio or certain thing they are into,, so its not to avoid anything ,, other than to avoid some big shopping center having their address plastered all over the place saying they are considering selling,, and then tenants start to leave,, employees, look for work elsewhere,, etc ;o( ,, I'm a honest straight shooting Newfounlander my buddy, nothing wrong what so ever,, open book here

Open book? Post your real name, business address, and your real estate licensing information.

Thank you.

Any local paper here is going to charge you for placing an advertisement. Especially for a business listing.

Have you given consideration to the fact that you're going to have to deal with doing this in Japanese and that in the extremely unlikely event you actually get an inquiry you're going to have to be prepared to deal with clients who don't speak English?

The only thing I can think to suggest is Craig's List. There are already a bunch of a-holes there inappropriately spamming the place with American and Canadian listings so there's no reason you shouldn't try the waters yourself.

東京 不動産 – クレイグリスト

Thank you.

Any local paper here is going to charge you for placing an advertisement. Especially for a business listing.

Have you given consideration to the fact that you're going to have to deal with doing this in Japanese and that in the extremely unlikely event you actually get an inquiry you're going to have to be prepared to deal with clients who don't speak English?

The only thing I can think to suggest is Craig's List. There are already a bunch of a-holes there inappropriately spamming the place with American and Canadian listings so there's no reason you shouldn't try the waters yourself.

東京 不動産 – クレイグリスト
oh I don't mind paying, if that's where most of the locals are reading,,
and yes I have considered the language issue, but most of the preliminary stuff would be dealt with through emails, in which I could use an online translator, and after that it will be the lawyers that deal with each other to do the final details, so they will have translators or I will find a Japanese speaking lawyer for the seller.
yeah, we have craigs list here also, but I haven't went there, it don't have a good reputation here ,, I do have a little dignity lol ,, Thanks though,, I will look at your Craigs list to see what its like, would it be fair to say Tokyo, is the wealthiest city in Japan?

I hope you don't write to your clients like this. It's extremely hard to read and understand. I would hope you don't write to anyone like this quite honestly.

You have no punctuation and very little to no capitalization. Your posts look more like flow of thoughts rather than sentences with proper grammar.

lol,, what you mean? whats hard to follow?

Your compositional skills are lacking and your punctuation usage is just jarringly bizarre. Your writing gives an extremely unprofessional appearance and makes a very poor impression.

Using an online translator is a horrible idea. Japanese-English machine translation is crap even under the best of conditions and with your poorly constructed English sentences the output in Japanese would be effed up like a soup sandwich.

Your compositional skills are lacking and your punctuation usage is just jarringly bizarre. Your writing gives an extremely unprofessional appearance and makes a very poor impression.

Using an online translator is a horrible idea. Japanese-English machine translation is crap even under the best of conditions and with your poorly constructed English sentences the output in Japanese would be effed up like a soup sandwich.
lol lol, I do write like I talk, and say what comes in my mind, I am definitely not worried about being politically or grammar correct and that's what my clients like about me,, as I said , the province I was born and raised in, is an island and has our own language with a different accent. People here in the capital love it. I don't try to change or try to be someone else,, we have a reputation for being hard workers, and that's what I do,, I turn over ever stone I can as I go and get the job done, rather than worry about fancy flyers or proper grammar, etc, sorry if it don't look good Mike,, but I do have lots of investment properties for anyone that is looking, and that's all they care about at the end of the day. I really do appreciate you point of view though. :eek:)

lol lol, I do write like I talk, and say what comes in my mind, I am definitely not worried about being politically or grammar correct and that's what my clients like about me,, as I said , the province I was born and raised in, is an island and has our own language with a different accent. People here in the capital love it. I don't try to change or try to be someone else,, we have a reputation for being hard workers, and that's what I do,,
I can tell you right now that Japanese clients (especially Japanese from Japan that don't speak much English), on the whole, are not going to respond in the same way as your Canadian clients to your words and attitude. At least until you've established a close working relationship with them (and even in these cases), they are definitely going to value professionalism and clear communication.

Using an online translator will drive people away very quickly. I recommend hiring someone local that is fluent in BUSINESS Japanese (this is important, a college student that learned their Osaka-ben from watching Manzai and anime will not do). This means that not any ol' native speaker will do: you need someone who actually knows what they're doing. That is, if you care about how your communication is received.

I've been speaking Japanese for 10+ years (wow jeez that made me feel old) and I still don't trust myself to communicate completely on my own with professional clients (of which I have several) without having a native speaker on speed-dial to check my language from time to time. In meetings I am much less formal than I should be, given the circumstances, but because I am very knowledgeable and polite despite my misuse of keigo (which you will not get from any machine translation), I am able to "read the air" and I am given a lot of leeway for not being native, but not so much that I would ever run an e-mail through google translate and send it off to them.

I have no stake in your business endeavors, so I am offering this advice freely. If you really want to do business with Japanese businessmen, your stubbornness and pride will NOT serve you well.

I can tell you right now that Japanese clients (especially Japanese from Japan that don't speak much English), on the whole, are not going to respond in the same way as your Canadian clients to your words and attitude. At least until you've established a close working relationship with them (and even in these cases), they are definitely going to value professionalism and clear communication.

Using an online translator will drive people away very quickly. I recommend hiring someone local that is fluent in BUSINESS Japanese (this is important, a college student that learned their Osaka-ben from watching Manzai and anime will not do). This means that not any ol' native speaker will do: you need someone who actually knows what they're doing. That is, if you care about how your communication is received.

I've been speaking Japanese for 10+ years (wow jeez that made me feel old) and I still don't trust myself to communicate completely on my own with professional clients (of which I have several) without having a native speaker on speed-dial to check my language from time to time. In meetings I am much less formal than I should be, given the circumstances, but because I am very knowledgeable and polite despite my misuse of keigo (which you will not get from any machine translation), I am able to "read the air" and I am given a lot of leeway for not being native, but not so much that I would ever run an e-mail through google translate and send it off to them.

I have no stake in your business endeavors, so I am offering this advice freely. If you really want to do business with Japanese businessmen, your stubbornness and pride will NOT serve you well.
THANK YOU for the advice, we do have Canadian clients that are very particular and want things done a certain way, in a very professional way(which I do, just in a relax professional way, without the stress :eek:)) these are the people I insist on meeting face to face and once they meet me, they all enjoy the company and see how I work and we work well together, but I understand how that would be difficult to do online, it do sound like I would be way in over my head in japan. :eek:(. BTW I am not stubborn, well maybe a little lol, but I am very proud :eek:) so if I did find a Japanese investor, then maybe what I should do is hire a Japanese real estate agent to translate for them. maybe that will work.

THANK YOU for the advice, we do have Canadian clients that are very particular and want things done a certain way, in a very professional way(which I do, just in a relax professional way, without the stress :emoji_astonished:)) these are the people I insist on meeting face to face and once they meet me, they all enjoy the company and see how I work and we work well together, but I understand how that would be difficult to do online, it do sound like I would be way in over my head in japan. :emoji_astonished:(. BTW I am not stubborn, well maybe a little lol, but I am very proud :emoji_astonished:) so if I did find a Japanese investor, then maybe what I should do is hire a Japanese real estate agent to translate for them. maybe that will work.

The above, google translated:

アドバイスをいただきありがとうございます。非常に専門的で、非常に専門的なやり方でストーリーなしで(emoji_astonished::)私が顔を合わせて対面することを強く望む人々は、一度会ったら、彼らはすべて会社を楽しんで、私がどのように働いているかを見て一緒に働いていますが、私はそれがいかにオンラインで行うのが難しいかを理解しています。日本の私の頭の中で。 :emoji_astonished :(。私は頑固ではありませんが、ちょっと笑いますが、私は非常に誇りに思っています:emoji_astonished :)もし私が日本の投資家を見つけたら、翻訳する日本の不動産業者彼らのために。おそらくそれは動作します。

It is, as predicted, effed up like a soup sandwich.

And there is no reason to assume any Japanese real estate agency would necessarily be able to do translations for you.

You're going to have to hire competent professional translation services for everything, including every aspect of writing and placing your advertisements.....which is part of why your idea that you're going to get away with doing things on the cheap by running free advertisements in free newspapers comes across so ludicrous.

Who do you think pays for the expenses of composing, printing, and distributing free newspapers? Business advertisers.

The above, google translated:

アドバイスをいただきありがとうございます。非常に専門的で、非常に専門的なやり方でストーリーなしで(emoji_astonished:🙂:私が顔を合わせて対面することを強く望む人々は、一度会ったら、彼らはすべて会社を楽しんで、私がどのように働いているかを見て一緒に働いていますが、私はそれがいかにオンラインで行うのが難しいかを理解しています。日本の私の頭の中で。 :emoji_astonished :emoji_frowning2:。私は頑固ではありませんが、ちょっと笑いますが、私は非常に誇りに思っています:emoji_astonished 🙂:もし私が日本の投資家を見つけたら、翻訳する日本の不動産業者彼らのために。おそらくそれは動作します。

It is, as predicted, effed up like a soup sandwich.

And there is no reason to assume any Japanese real estate agency would necessarily be able to do translations for you.

You're going to have to hire competent professional translation services for everything, including every aspect of writing and placing your advertisements.....which is part of why your idea that you're going to get away with doing things on the cheap by running free advertisements in free newspapers comes across so ludicrous.

Who do you think pays for the expenses of composing, printing, and distributing free newspapers? Business advertisers.
wow,, I translated what you had there in Japanese,, your right, don't make sense, like a soup sandwich lol,, oh well, ya never know until you try,, Ill stick to serving the Canadian investors, THANK YOU ALL for your input ,, enjoy ya day,, chow 4 now

Back
Top Bottom