same guys approaching you mumbling words like, "easy
women", "my friend, they buy you drinks", which leaves me
laughing and thinking,

AND

Greasy greek mafia

I remember the first time I went to Shibuya, saw a bunch of
foreigners, all middle-aged, suits and all, in huddles
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

It's reality, I hate to break the perfect portrait every other guide paints, but it's true, much like any other big city. I wish I could say it was all just anime characters running around in the streets chewing bubble gum and high school students on hoverboards, but it's not. Furthermore, the guide shines a light on all the great things Tokyo offers that many other guides won't mention because they are too busy talking about hiking up mt. Fuji or going to that one ramen restaurant in the middle of nowhere. I can tell you have yet to have been in Japan or you would have know of the first, being where you started at "nice guys" was the 'Glazed Zimbabwe Goons' which anyone who has been anywhere from Harajuku all the way to Kyoto will tell you they are always hassling to buy either hip-hop clothing or they are trying to offer women partnership, then the second being you mentioned 'Greesy greek mafia' which I've now found out are from Brazil are mostly just drug-dealers and you'll see hundreds of them in places like Shibuya, so in response to your question, don't be intimidated, like I said in the guide you don't need to worry about any gang-members or mafias unless you step on their toes or get all up in their faces, I was often told most areas were too dangerous for foreigners and that I'd get robbed but I went anyways and had a great time but with that said thats not reason to not be careful, watch your back, keep an eye out for seedy-looking gang members and don't go flashing your money unless, like stated in the guide, your with a group of people, because there is always safety in numbers, it's a lot safer than being drunk and by yourself.

Real Japan Guide

Josh

Zimbabwe.....

'Glazed Zimbabwe Goons'

AND

from Brazil are mostly just drug dealers and you'll see hundreds of them in places like Shibuya

I read what you said, and then someone else writes this about Japan.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
My favorite thing about Japan is how incredibly safe it is. In my
four years here, I have never been threatened, not even once.

AND

Finally, one thing I've noticed about Japan that is very different
from Canada is that when people get drunk, they actually
become nicer.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Re: Zimbabwe.....

Originally posted by arnadstephen
I read what you said, and then someone else writes this about Japan

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
My favorite thing about Japan is how incredibly safe it is. In my
four years here I have never been threatened, not even once.

AND

Finally, one thing I've noticed about Japan that is very different
from Canada is that when people get drunk they actually
become nicer.

Hunkabutta -- archives
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Yeah, just smile while you are over there and also to make you feel even safer,, Japan has really strict gun-laws.

Josh

I think it's safe to say the risks of you being hassled are pretty close to nil. Especially if you don't go crawling around alleyways of the so-called red light districts or acting up in any way (ie hassling other people). Obviously if you're going to go wandering around some places at 3am the risks go up (but still, there's pretty no place I've been in Tokyo where I would hesitate to walk by myself at 3am).

Originally posted by mdchachi
I think it's safe to say the risks of you being hassled are pretty close to nil. Especially if you don't go crawling around alleyways of the so-called red light districts or acting up in any way (ie hassling other people). Obviously if you're going to go wandering around some places at 3am the risks go up (but still, there's pretty no place I've been in Tokyo where I would hesitate to walk by myself at 3am).

Tokyo is all based on sex it seems, this whole underworld which is brought up to the surface ground is like some kind of weed that seems to sprout in every direction, but I smoke these weeds, I live for it all and if Tokyo wasen't as crazy as I say it is then you wouldn't see me going over there to partake in it all, several times a year,,, speaking of which, I'm leaving in a few, it's hardly new.

Holla on the streets,

Josh
(Tokyo 2003 Promo)

Tokyo is a whole lot safer than say New york or London, but whenever you put 10 million plus people into one small area you always get some cooks, don't like it? go somewhere else in Japan? Just like america, the smaller the city, the less cooky it will be!

I would say that in America, the smaller the city, the more rednecks you'll see, not less kooky, and I can't say which is better....

Japan, on the whole, is a lot safer than the US, still, but recent trends among the juveniles and kooky folks may have negated that safety margin somewhat....

Until you get everybody busy working again, focused on work rather than trying to figure out what they should do with their excessive free time, the kooks will grow in number, I'm afraid..... :p

I never had any problems of any kind in Tokyo or the vicinity.
Then again I don't drink nor do I go to clubs, so I am not really in the areas in question.

I have walked around in Japan with an excess of 10k USD in my pocket and was not nervous at all.

_) I read the "The Real Japan Guide"

_) It kind of spooked me, that going out at night
in Tokyo by foreigners, especially alone are hassled
by very intimidating people

_) Should I be so intimidated ?

No... mainly because most of his guide comes straight out of his childish little imagination. He likes to think he knows everything there is to know about the seedy gangland ghetto side of Japan, not because it's real, but because it makes him look cool. (or at least it does if you're 12 years old).

Tiger

Originally posted by Tiger
_) I read "The Real Japan Guide."

_) It spooked me that going out at night
in Tokyo by foreigners, especially alone are hassled
by very intimidating people

_) Should I be so intimidated?

No... mainly because most of his guide comes straight out of his childish little imagination. He likes to think he knows everything there is to know about the seedy gangland ghetto side of Japan, not because it's real, but because it makes him look cool. (or at least it does if you're 12 years old).

Tiger

Actually, I'm 13 years old, and yes, it does make me look cool.

Ghettocities Clothing:
Free Videos, Photos and Girls.

Real Japan Guide:
Tiger's broken hope for better days.

Boy, why don't you learn to write before starting to demistify Japan for us, won't you? That and a bit less humidity behind the ears probably would broaden your horizons.

I've been living here for 5 years, married Japanese, and all that you describe in your so-called "guide", while maybe true for a 13-year old, does not in the least apply to the majority, the same way wild teenage sexual adventures don't happen to everybody in North America or elsewhere.

People like you, who make spectacles of themselves while in Japan by indulging every little fantasy that Japanese girls hold about America (and Americans in perticular) are blights to us people who actually enjoy being here.

So why don't you go peddle your disillusioned vision of Japan elsewhere and let the rest of us live with the reality of Japan or our own illusions of it, if we want to.

Last edited:
Originally posted by tasuki

Youth in Asia will kill off everyone else, it'll be this whole new way to capitalize off others, a way to make money, a way to use other people for the purpose of one owns benefit.

It's already started, before, I realized everyone I had talked to complained about they'd see old foreigners in Japan, at the clubs and it pissed them off, well now, more youth, african-americans and all the hustlers, like me have set a course over the pacific to be specific.

I hate nature, I hate temples and anything the slightest bit cultural, so on behalf of my side of things I just want to say that it'll keep getting worse, I'll keep going over there, making my mark until every other foreigners welcome is not permitted due to all the babies without names and all the wealthy now pennyless because I'm a sort of modern-day Robin Hood, sure there is only a select few of us, five to be exact, but this year is going to be... well, you'll have to wait and see.

Josh

-

Originally posted by tasuki
So young, yet so stupid, if it weren't so sad it'd be funny...

Yeah shouldn't you be off helping your wife roll up your broke-*ss futon so you two can set up the kitchen table?

I seriously don't see why older people feel the need to even worry about me, especially you Tasuki, for better or for worse your life has already ended.

Josh

I'm here, so deal with it, boy. My life, ended? How do you figure?

By the way, I sleep in a bed and I don't see that I've insulted you in any way, so watch your tongue.

my condolences to lucky.......

so what else is new in da ghetto?

I am not going to censor this thread, but leave it as warning example. Peter and I have already taken appropriate measures.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom