What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Help Japan: medieval-type of life style?

Reignfire

Registered
Reaction score
I'm thinking about moving to Japan in like 5 months but I heard there was like a part of japan where the people there live a medieval times type of life style. Is this true and if it is please tell me what part of Japan it is because I kinda want to move somewhere like that.

Chakan

Sempai
Reaction score
Wow, you're considering moving there in 5 months and don't have an idea of which part you'd like to live in? Better hurry! ^_^

Keiichi

Hi
Reaction score
Did you get all the stuff you need to go to Japan?
It is quite weird that you want to move so soon and don't know where you're going ^^'.

Reignfire

Registered
Reaction score
I probably wont really move there in 5 months... But I was going to move to Tokyo but I heard about this other place and it sounded alot better. So I'm ready to move right now if I wanted to.

NANGI

先輩
Reaction score
Konnichiwa Reignfire-san!

What kind of image do you have about a medieval times type of life style? What kind of life do you want?:giggle:

NANGI

Mandylion

Omnipotence personified
Contributor
Reaction score
I think there are lots of places that have a type of living history type setup (think Williamsburg in VA), but they are for the tourists. I have never heard of a group where they live in the middle ages full time, rather it is more of a day job. Do you have a region or a place name you could give us and we can help you?

-Lastly, If such a place does exsist, are you sure that they take people off the street, and how good is your Japanese? Even for WIlliamsburg there is a very long process you go through before they let you out in costume.

I think you idea sounds like a lot of fun though!

mdchachi

Reaction score
Yes, the place you are looking for is near Kyoto and is called Eiga Mura. ;)

Top Bottom